Post-Game Talk: #43 | FLYERS (A) vs. Penguins (H) | Thursday, Apr. 15, 2021 | 2-1 win (2-1 SO)

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Well, he did spend four years in college and is 23.
Whereas Bunnaman and Twarynski had one year in the AHL and were called up at 21.

There's a reason good teams "marinate" prospects.
give all of those guys more time and they still wont be top 9 fwds. They are what they are and its evident they don't have a spot on this team unless we have injuries. Bunn can see some time here and there but there are better options in fa in my opinion

Reactions: snoop88 and Swic21

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Quite a game for Shayne "Square Peg" Gostisbehere.

Led the team in both:
64.00 CF% (16-9)
76.94 xGF% (0.99-0.30)

And carried his trash partner along for the ride. Another boost to Hagg's stats that he deserved 0% of.

The Provorov-Braun pair (not part of the scratch mix) got destroyed.
27.27 CF% (6-16)
37.65 xGF% (0.47-0.78)

Although 95% of that badness was Braun. Dogshit game from him in all three zones.
How many Hitzz?

Reactions: Striiker

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
I am a liar. I said I wasn't going to watch the game, ended up doing so anyways. They looked like a different team to me. Carter looked good. I thought Allison looked really good (minus the stupid facial hair). At one point I wasn't even sure if Provorov was playing (never heard his name) and the same went with Hayes until the cross checking inicident.

In all seriousness though, I live in Lancaster County and would love to watch a game with one of you guys. Because frankly, at times it seems like what I watch and what you guys watch are entirely different. I just want to understand what you guys see as compared to what I see. I just want to be a better Flyers fan so I can hate the team even more (joking).

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Well, he did spend four years in college and is 23.
Whereas Bunnaman and Twarynski had one year in the AHL and were called up at 21.

There's a reason good teams "marinate" prospects.
Bunny is a 12th/13th forward who has never shown the ability to score at the ahl or nhl level. He is definition of replacement level player.

Twar other than good camps what has he ever done? He can't play period.

You can marinate dung all you want, but you still get a dung stew after words.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bunny is a 12th/13th forward who has never shown the ability to score at the ahl or nhl level. He is definition of replacement level player.

Sometimes players develop, sometimes they don't, that's why these guys don't get drafted in the first couple rounds.
NAK is the biggest disappointment, as a 2nd rd pick, he's never really developed the hands to play in the top 9, and his motor runs hot and cold on the 4th line. He'll play somewhere in the NHL, but when Frost returns next year, his spot will become precarious.

Bunnaman needs a least a full AHL season to work on his skill package, if he can't develop some goal scoring mojo he'll be a 13th forward at best. He doesn't have the playmaking instincts at center, but he's a good defender, and if he can score goals, has a shot at a 4th line role.
Twarynski is in the same boat, he's a mucker who has to be able to score when given the opportunity in order to crack a NHL roster.
Remember when people whined about Hextall telling Sushko he should focus on 4th line skills? Well, Hextall knew Sushko's limitations.

These guys have a shot on thinner rosters, like the Flyers a few years ago, where the fourth line is composed of cheap veterans and muckers.
Here the quality of forward depth has reached the point where they need a breakout AHL season to have a shot.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If we're gonna play with xGF for one game:
Hagg with Ghost 73.17%
Hagg without Ghost 100.00%

Obviously, Ghost was pulling Hagg down. :sarcasm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
What do you want from Hagg? Take the puck from his goal to behind the other goal and then make a lame pass that's intercepted? Oh, that's Sanheim.

First, I'd like to see Hagg skate in a puck race like he's not trying to keep a squirt of diarrhea from getting out.

I made myself giggle writing this.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Last 8 games, since the Buffalo debacle, a lot of players have picked up their game, but a few are really struggling:

Braun has hit the wall, he simply can't play on the 1st pair, he's dragging down Provorov
Giroux has really fallen off, especially defensively, he needs to go back to LW with Couts and have his minutes rationed.
Farabee, Raffl, Voracek, TK have had a rough stretch

Hagg, Ghost and Sanheim have been our best defensemen
Myers is playing much better
Morin has been respectable

Lindblom and Patrick have been playing great, the scoring isn't there, but they're doing everything else
NAK has picked up his game, while Laczynski is holding his own.

Hagg has obviously lifted Ghost this year - last 30 games:

Provorov - Ghost: CF 56.66%, xGF 57.84%
Sanheim - Ghost: CF 52.42%, xGF 47.97%

Hagg - Ghost: CF 68.00%, xGF 68.64%
Sanheim - Hagg: CF 56.14%, xGF 57.98%

Both Ghost and Sanheim played better with Hagg. Go figure.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I am a liar. I said I wasn't going to watch the game, ended up doing so anyways. They looked like a different team to me. Carter looked good. I thought Allison looked really good (minus the stupid facial hair). At one point I wasn't even sure if Provorov was playing (never heard his name) and the same went with Hayes until the cross checking inicident.

In all seriousness though, I live in Lancaster County and would love to watch a game with one of you guys. Because frankly, at times it seems like what I watch and what you guys watch are entirely different. I just want to understand what you guys see as compared to what I see. I just want to be a better Flyers fan so I can hate the team even more (joking).

Hey buddy! I'm in the Red Rose district myself. :)

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Allison could have had a hattrick tbh. Really played well along with Hart (outside of the poke check)

I was impressed by the play where Jarry slid over and robbed Allison on the edge of the crease. He used his leg positioning to quickly control a deflected pass to get a strong shot off. Part of my eye-gouging frustration with the current team is the poor puck handling ability, so seeing a skill move like that made me smile.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Last 8 games, since the Buffalo debacle, a lot of players have picked up their game, but a few are really struggling:

Braun has hit the wall, he simply can't play on the 1st pair, he's dragging down Provorov
Giroux has really fallen off, especially defensively, he needs to go back to LW with Couts and have his minutes rationed.
Farabee, Raffl, Voracek, TK have had a rough stretch

Hagg, Ghost and Sanheim have been our best defensemen
Myers is playing much better
Morin has been respectable

Lindblom and Patrick have been playing great, the scoring isn't there, but they're doing everything else
NAK has picked up his game, while Laczynski is holding his own.

Hagg has obviously lifted Ghost this year - last 30 games:

Provorov - Ghost: CF 56.66%, xGF 57.84%
Sanheim - Ghost: CF 52.42%, xGF 47.97%

Hagg - Ghost: CF 68.00%, xGF 68.64%
Sanheim - Hagg: CF 56.14%, xGF 57.98%

Both Ghost and Sanheim played better with Hagg. Go figure.

What precisely has Hagg done to lift either player?

Is it the way he never moves the puck? Is it the way he abandons his job to leave them alone defending rushes? Is it the way he's out of position and rarely prevents or suppresses passes or shots? His inability to create offense? His usual failure to win races or board battles? Is it the way his partners are always the defensive anchor of the pairing?

Pray tell, what is it that he specifically does that lifts them.

Last edited:

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Is it the way he never moves the puck? Is it the way he abandons his job to leave them alone defending rushes? Is it the way he's out of position and rarely prevents or suppresses passes or shots? His inability to create offense? His usual failure to win races or board battles? Is it the way his partners are always the defensive anchor of the pairing?

It's not in the way he moves the puck
It's not in the way he abandons his job
It's not in the way that he's out of position
It's not in the way that he's rarely in motion
It's not in the way that he skates or the way that he loses the race

Hold the line
Hagg isn't always on time
Hold the line
Hagg isn't always on time

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hagg has been pretty solid since returning from his injury.

Braun, unfortunately, after being arguably the team's best defenseman the first half of the season, has really struggled lately.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Great game by Allison and Hart. Nice to see someone finally have the cajones to go to the dirty areas. I very much enjoyed seeing Hayes getting pissed off at Hart for not going out to play the puck in OT. He looked frustrated as hell today and really has nothing going for him right now. Maybe the anger will wake him up.
Any time that Hayes gets mad and wants to go into Fletcher's office and tell him to remove the NMC from his contract is fine with me.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania

Captain Tiger Pants is going to have your head for this post

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

tenor.gif

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Captain Tiger Pants is going to have your head for this post
And what i posted more hatred of Twar than Bunny. Bunny will play in this league but if things break right your 4 centers are Couts, Hayes, Frost, L-ski with Patrick moved to wing as a backup plan. Twar reminds me of a famous Robert Downey film. LESS THAN ZERO.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad