Golf: 42nd Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - September 28-30

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just got home after spending all Saturday at Le National.

My first time ever at a golf tournament, and what a show it was! If you ever get a chance, prioritize it!

We mainly set up at 6th green and 13th green - particularly because the players would hit right over our heads, onto the green on 13th. Add to that, the players walked by within arms reach :)

The atmosphere was amazing, alternating between rowdy and respectfully silent (as it ought to be).

Tiger was overplayed, I think. I get the feeling maybe he was sick? He didn't look... right, I guess.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Are players allowed to go to the Ryder Cup course in Europe? Like, could some of the Americans just decide they wanted to play in the French Open since it was on this course? It seems silly to me that 'knowing the course' is such a big advantage.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Are players allowed to go to the Ryder Cup course in Europe? Like, could some of the Americans just decide they wanted to play in the French Open since it was on this course? It seems silly to me that 'knowing the course' is such a big advantage.
Pretty sure any US player that's high enough in the world ranking to be in consideration for a Ryder Cup team could go and play the French open if they wanted.

Heck they could call up and book themselves in for a few rounds when they have a week off, sure the wife/girlfriend wouldn't mind a few days in Paris while their other half does some practice.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The RC is apparently only interesting when it’s played in the US

When it’s played overseas Europe can practically do no wrong (No losses on its turf since 1993)

Wake me up in 2 years

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Just got home after spending all Saturday at Le National.

My first time ever at a golf tournament, and what a show it was! If you ever get a chance, prioritize it!

We mainly set up at 6th green and 13th green - particularly because the players would hit right over our heads, onto the green on 13th. Add to that, the players walked by within arms reach :)

The atmosphere was amazing, alternating between rowdy and respectfully silent (as it ought to be).

Tiger was overplayed, I think. I get the feeling maybe he was sick? He didn't look... right, I guess.

Grats, must have been amazing. I'm definitely gonna look into the possibilities of going to Rome in four years. Have been hoping it would maybe come to Sweden one day but I think that's a long shot for quite some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad