Golf: 42nd Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - September 28-30

Jan 3, 2012
he better hope he qualifies for subsequent ryder cups because it would be tough to take him as a captain's pick
he's not a team guy

This. He's never been a team guy, and I think that sentiment is well known. He seems to be able to get behind this event as an American and rally behind that, thus being okay with the team environment and his ultra competitiveness. I think he was stupid to make those comments for the aforementioned reason, even if there was truth to it that the decisions may have been controlled by the Jupiter clique.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Love the comments. The guy is just a content machine, churning out things to talk about 24/7.

And yeah, this probably puts an end to him ever getting a captain's pick unless he's playing too well to leave off (think Bryson this year). It's going to be fascinating to watch in 2 years when he qualifies on points and nobody knows what to do with him.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
So are they just going to make Stricker Captain and pretend like everything is o.k? It's in Wisconsin in 2020 so give the hometown hero and the cheeseheads what they want regardless if he is the best selection?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I think 2020 is a lock to be Stricker and 2024 at Bethpage is a lock to be Phil. 2022 is a bit tougher... Tiger should hopefully still be relevant so I doubt they'd make him captain then. Zach Johnson is probably the best bet, maybe Kuchar. Maybe even David Duval as a dark horse.

I think Europe will go Harrington in 2020, Westwood in 2022, McDowell in 2024.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
So are they just going to make Stricker Captain and pretend like everything is o.k? It's in Wisconsin in 2020 so give the hometown hero and the cheeseheads what they want regardless if he is the best selection?

USA
TIGER WOODS' RYDER CUP CAREER RECORD

By RyderCup.com On Sep 23, 2018, 7:25pm EDT
Tiger Woods' Ryder Cup career record
Andy North is also a hometown hero. If Tiger plays again, I'm rooting for Europe. He's a RC choker.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Pals Dustin Johnson and Brooks Koepka came close to blows in European team room

I doubt there's much to this but it's funny how terrible the American team looks right now.

Although it does fuel fire to the speculation that DJ and BK are not as 'buddy-buddy' as the media portrays them as, partly based on how cold they seem to act towards each other. I think that's just more a case of them being ridiculously unemotional people, but who knows.

Jan 3, 2012
thumb_this-is-fine-usa-memes-and-we-shall-rise-like-14502065.png

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Green Jacket Ceremony is going to be interesting at Augusta next year. :D

No way Reed gets a captains pick from now on. The "captains" often defer responsibility of making the picks. The players with influence in the team room make the picks or have a lot of say in who gets picked. Those players don't like Reed. Reed kind of admitted that, but I think he would've helped himself out more to just shut his mouth. I'm afraid he's ruined his RC legacy in one event because of how badly he played and his comments afterwards. He was the worst player at the event, and then he threw multiple people under the bus after a loss.

He even kind of insulted Tiger.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Europe takes the RC serious. The Americans not so much. I know Captain Obvious but as long as that trend continues advantage the Euros.
You don't get to be top 40 on the PGA $ list w/o being very competitive. The Americans don't take it as seriously, because they know they can't win. They're talented, egocentric players w/o the character, clutch putting, or teamwork of the Europeans.

They remind me of the first half of Phil's and Norman's careers. First on Saturday, second on Sunday.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So basically the RC is home cooking:

Europe when they travel lost 2 of the last 3 RC's in US soil and needed an all-time miracle to avoid losing 3 straight

Europe at home is all but untouchable

Like, does Europe do something different when the RC is on their turf compared to not?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Europe takes the RC serious. The Americans not so much. I know Captain Obvious but as long as that trend continues advantage the Euros.

Except for when the RC is not on their soil. They only play lights out when it's on their turf.

2 years ago, they looked very flat and did not take US seriously.

Like, it's as if they play when they want to play? Do they have to stay home to play perfect ball?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
The Americans don't take it as seriously, because they know they can't win. They're talented, egocentric players w/o the character, clutch putting, or teamwork of the Europeans.
I can't agree with any of this
They just lost-they won it a couple of years ago with a similar team...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
"He is so full of s---,'' a member of Team USA told the New York Post on Monday. "Blindsided, my ass. He begged to play with Tiger.''

"He would have shot 83 on his own ball Saturday,'' the Team USA member said to the Post. "He totally screwed Tiger. He has no clue how to play team golf. I saw firsthand how bad of a team player he was. Eleven players understood the concept of team golf and only one didn't. Unfortunately, that one proved to be too costly for the team to overcome."

"I feel so bad for Jim, because he was an unreal captain," the person told the Post. "He would have run through a wall for all 12 of the guys. Unfortunately, there were only 11 players that would have returned the favor.''

Anonymous Ryder Cup member: Reed full of it

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I can't agree with any of this. They just lost-they won it a couple of years ago with a similar team...

Winning the last 7 of 9 suggests they have won here more than once Past Results of The Ryder Cup - RyderCup.com
What he said. We've lost 7 of 9. That's not equality. I was going to post that Yahoo story, but was too slow. The team member throwing Reed under the bus is not classy or teamwork. You win together and you lose together. I like having Reed on the team. As long as we're going amateur hour with Tiger and Phil, let's have some comic relief.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I "like" Reed also, but there's a pretty compelling history on him that suggests he's not a good teammate
I don't like the anonymous teammate comments, but what really happened? Did Jordan not want to play with Reed or did Reed want to play with Tiger? We got two totally opposite narratives going here...

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I "like" Reed also, but there's a pretty compelling history on him that suggests he's not a good teammate
I don't like the anonymous teammate comments, but what really happened? Did Jordan not want to play with Reed or did Reed want to play with Tiger? We got two totally opposite narratives going here...
Then you have DJ and Koepka ready to exchange punches. What a disfuctional group of characters. Reminds me of a bunch of silver spooned brats

Last edited:
Reactions: mmvvpp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->