42nd Overall - Francesco Pinelli

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Obi One Pinelli -- you're our only hope (at 1C)
1681752360996.png

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Just looked up the hit that led to the suspension...pretty greasy. Just the kind of "I didn't mean to do that" type of grease this organization needs.

Yes...and have skill, score goals, can skate middle 6, excel in all situations, drop the gloves and lead a team. Sounds like Mike Richards. Think he had 2 instigator penalties.

3 shorties this playoffs. That is some good defensive instcints and finishing. 1st star last game.

2023 PlayoffsKIT443787038127461.75

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Looks like London beat Kitchener, 4 games to 1.

I would assume that Pinelli will join the Reign?
Can he play in the playoffs?
I suppose ONT may only have 1 more game.
Or, will he be a black ace?

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Anyone follow Ontario? Was he a healthy scratch last game? Only 2 points in 11 games. Has to be a chance he goes ECHL or as a Kitchener Ranger fan back to the OHL. Kitchener is the surprise of the CHL this year and getting Pinelli back would be huge.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I haven't watched any of the Reign games this year so I don't know how he's been playing, but he is a first year pro. I think it would be a step back if he goes back to juniors. It doesn't help that Fagemo returns to the team and JAD was playing some games as well. He's a talented player and they like him he'll be fine.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I was kind of meh when I saw some footage of him playing in Slovenia, but still rooting for him on account of the small sample but also because he's a Kings player now. I also assumed those who rated him as a first rounder saw something I didn't.

Still pulling for him and he is still young. His biggest flaw that I saw even in juniors is his game lacks identity.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Early in the season he was playing on the 4th line. I don't know if that's changed since, but it's hard to really expect much, especially points wise, playing with guys like Doty and Helenius.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I was kind of meh when I saw some footage of him playing in Slovenia, but still rooting for him on account of the small sample but also because he's a Kings player now. I also assumed those who rated him as a first rounder saw something I didn't.

Still pulling for him and he is still young. His biggest flaw that I saw even in juniors is his game lacks identity.

From what I recall, I think that's right. He didn't really excel at anything in particular, but the biggest area of concern was his "compete" level. I think that improved last season, but he does seem very vanilla.

When I think of him as a player, Iafallo comes to mind. Not sure if that's fair or not as I haven't really seen him play that much.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
From what I recall, I think that's right. He didn't really excel at anything in particular, but the biggest area of concern was his "compete" level. I think that improved last season, but he does seem very vanilla.

When I think of him as a player, Iafallo comes to mind. Not sure if that's fair or not as I haven't really seen him play that much.
Only reason why I disagree with Iafallo is he's a genuine puck hound. Pinelli gets by more on hockey sense, where he knows when to attack and when to fall back. I try to be careful in comparisons to other players, because it leads to unfair expectations (or I don't sing enough praise and I'm "hating" him).

But I just see him as someone akin to JAD. Good sense for the game, works hard. Just doesn't have a particular strength that makes it easy to define a role for him, so he becomes more of a jack of all trades type of player because he does have game sense, but ultimately may have a harder battle to play in the NHL regularly.

And that's okay. He's a second-round pick without a defining skillset. He's a perfect candidate to get plenty of time in the AHL to hone his skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00