GDT: [#42] Washington Capitals at Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Lmao, I’m not a twitter type fan but this board was full of #freehonka types for the past year and a half. People have finally come around that he’s not the answer.

And I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to think Val shouldn’t be on the top line. He shouldn’t. Hell, monty just said he doesn’t view him as a goal scorer. Yes his play has been good lately, he got an assist. Woot.

I’d love for him to start registering more points, but I think there are better options based on their offensive output

Who should ? The question is not who shouldn't be playing top line because that list is very long . The question is who should play there. We tried every single player there by now. None of them not named Benn , Seguin or Radulov looked like they belong there permanently.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Who should ? The question is not who shouldn't be playing top line because that list is very long . The question is who should play there. We tried every single player there by now. None of them not named Benn , Seguin or Radulov looked like they belong there permanently.
Hard to say, I guess. Forgive me but haven’t we tried Val up there already? And you’re right, the list isn’t long. There probably isn’t a right answer until this team adds another top six player. However I’d pick just about anybody with more assists and goals. But, Val has looked better lately. Hopefully he can do well. Most likely the lines will all be shuffled by the end of the first anyway lol

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hard to say, I guess. Forgive me but haven’t we tried Val up there already? And you’re right, the list isn’t long. There probably isn’t a right answer until this team adds another top six player. However I’d pick just about anybody with more assists and goals. But, Val has looked better lately. Hopefully he can do well. Most likely the lines will all be shuffled by the end of the first anyway lol

He looked alright there last game when Benn was out so he gets another shot. If he doesn't work out he'll be switched out again. Its that simple.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I didn't get to see Ovi score when I went to the game in Ottawa a week or so ago, so I'm sure he'll make up for it tonight with a hatty or more.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nichushkin is having a great game so far. He's flying out there.

Not gonna mean too much without some production, though.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Burakovsky couldn't have played that 2-on-1 any worse, literally put it on Polak's stick trying to force a pass and had a wide open shot in the slot area himself.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seguin!

I bet Lites is taking 100% credit for this in his own mind.

giphy.gif

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Burakovsky couldn't have played that 2-on-1 any worse, literally put it on Polak's stick trying to force a pass and had a wide open shot in the slot area himself.

Yea, that was awful.

Orlov, on the other hand, played that 2-on-1 where Heiskanen had the puck perfectly. That was some beautiful defense.

Seems like a pretty evenly matched, entertaining game so far. The PP is the difference - Washington has been reckless.

Reactions: Henderson33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nichushkin is having a great game so far. He's flying out there.

Not gonna mean too much without some production, though.

Not good enough tho apparently. Lines appear to have already been scrambled. Janmark on that line now

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
So Val is benched? What the heck did he do ... seems like if he doesnt score 10 mins in he gets pushed down the lineup

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
i thought all the scouting reports said Heiskanen's shot sucked

how the hell did anyone think that

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think the issue was the Spezza line that needed change. Shore is now with Hintz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad