Prospect Info: # 42 Patrick Sieloff

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Anyone who watches Adirondak have anything to say about this guy? How has he been playing this season? How long until he makes the NHL and what role do you see him playing? top 4 guy? It doesnt seem like he has any offensive potential at all from looking at his stats.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He has very limited offensive upside in his game he's generally a defense first player.

Gritty, defense first Dman. Pretty spot on.
He's had a limited role with the ADK Flames this year, playing on the middle or bottom pairing most nights. Pretty much what we should expect from him if he graduates into the NHL.

This is pretty much if he pans out, what you'll get from him at the NHL level

He should get a bigger role in Stockton next year; Wotherspoon will likely graduate, Cundari likely won't be brought back... and a lot of the AHL fodder we currently have will be moved around. He's still a year or two away from being an NHL'er and probably 2--3 seasons away from being an NHL regular (if he gets there).

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He has very limited offensive upside in his game he's generally a defense first player.

When you say limited offensive upside, would you put him closer to a Johnny Oduya (i.e. elite shot suppression and able to clear the puck but not much involvement in the offensive zone) or a Deryk Engelland (i.e. gets hemmed in his zone and can't clear it)

?

The former, I could very much live with.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
When you say limited offensive upside, would you put him closer to a Johnny Oduya (i.e. elite shot suppression and able to clear the puck but not much involvement in the offensive zone) or a Deryk Engelland (i.e. gets hemmed in his zone and can't clear it)

?

The former, I could very much live with.

I hope he pans out to be a Cory Sarich. That's the upside imo.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I actually see Sieloff a lot like Scott Stevens, minus the offence. But defensively he plays a lot like him, even his build is similar.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I would be curious to hear 100TG's opinion on him, as I've really not heard much about him since last season when he was sick.
It's really hard for me to judge since he had more time injured this year and was very rusty to start the year. And when we had a glut of defensemen and forwards out he played some LW and played pretty well. He was pretty average by all accounts, better than Kulak, worse than Culkin.

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
Trying not to be a Debbie Downer but at this stage Seiloff is close to being done with this organization. I hope he turns it around, when drafted I was high on him. A lot to like!

Dmen take longer to develop but Seiloff is way behind now. He will have one more chance this season. I get all the injury time, it was unfortunate and not his fault.

This is his year to shine, I don't see it, yet I hope he amazes. I want the guy we drafted. Guy we drafted was a perfect second pairing dman that was physical. A leader!

Seiloff doesn't sniff the NHL right now. He has probably regressed in development.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Trying not to be a Debbie Downer but at this stage Seiloff is close to being done with this organization. I hope he turns it around, when drafted I was high on him. A lot to like!

Dmen take longer to develop but Seiloff is way behind now. He will have one more chance this season. I get all the injury time, it was unfortunate and not his fault.

This is his year to shine, I don't see it, yet I hope he amazes. I want the guy we drafted. Guy we drafted was a perfect second pairing dman that was physical. A leader!

Seiloff doesn't sniff the NHL right now. He has probably regressed in development.
At this stage?

At this stage he is the same age as Eric Roy and Brett Kulak and younger than Ryan Culkin.

Talk about giving up on someone way too early :shakehead

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I want to see a full healthy season from Sieloff before I make any sort of assessment of what kind of player I think he might be.

I feel like he is a total wildcard in our organization right now, and its too early (frustratingly) to say what we have in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad