Prospect Info: # 42 Patrick Sieloff

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Dislike it. Both Bystrom and Thrower were on the board. He better tear it up in Windsor. His game seems to be hitting, but he's not very big at 173.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Pick#42- Flames Pick Defenseman Patrick Sieloff

Flames pick Patrick Sieloff for their #42 pick.

Some Info:

Height: 6''
Weight: 198
Position: Defense
Born: May 15,1994
Born In: Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Shoots: Right

Sieloff played for the NDTP U18 team and won a gold medal with the USA squad at the 2012 U18 World Junior Championship. In 60 games he scored 3 goals with 7 assists and had 113 penalty minutes. Sieloff was plus-three with no points or penalties in six games at the U18 WJC. He was invited to the NHL Draft Combine and was ranked 31st amongst North American skaters in Central Scouting's final rankings prior to the 2012 NHL Draft.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/patrick_sieloff/
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94254
http://reelhockeyscouting.com/tag/patrick-sieloff/

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Very hard to tell from a player just from reading stats and articles. I think for all the players, even first round picks, the 18-20 age period really determines what path they go on. At this point its a waiting game. I am just excited to see Sven play full time next year.

If Sieloff ends up being a #3-4 D then I am more then happy. Could he be similar to Regehr?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
~200, close enough :laugh:. Glad he'll be playing on the Spitfires next year. Bob Boughner should help in his development.

His offensive upside may also be higher than it appears.

He played on a stacked defensive program this past season and behind guys like
Seth Jones
Jacob Trouba
Brady Skjei

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Our defense, this past season wasn't very physical, and with Sarich and Hannan possible both leaving it could get worse. I like the pick in that sense, but guess well have to see how it all pans out.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Sounds like his favorite player is N. Kronwall. I can't say I wouldn't be happy with that type of punishing player on the team. Hopefully he can develop the rest of his game. Exciting to see him take on a big role in Windsor next yr.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I actually am begging to really like the pick after reading more, a big physical shutdown defenseman.

“I like looking for that, but I don’t like getting out of position, but I like looking for that big hit,â€

Sieloff’s game is much more than hitting, though. He has been relied on as a leader in the National Team Development Program Under-18 dressing room, and has great shutdown potential.

“Being a shutdown guy playing against top lines, keeping them off the scoreboard and getting in their head,†he said.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Tough pick. There were skilled guys still in the draft available.
Makes yesterday sting all that much more.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Good friends with Trouba! So anytime he wants to ditch Winterpeg....

Not too familiar with his game though. If the Flames wanted a hard-hitting, in your face Dman they would've taken Thrower, so obviously they see a better part of his game in him.

Pretty sad we missed another Ryan Callahan in the making in Sissons though. That would've been nice

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Was it said in an interview? If this is true than according to our scouts we got 2 first round picks.

Yeah, Weisbrod was on 960 and was saying that this was the guy that he was referring to yesterday (when he stated that they had another guy at 21 that they were going to take if Jankowski was gone)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad