Post-Game Talk: #42| Bruins at FLYERS | Sat., Jan. 10, 2015

LexSea

Queen of the Couch
Mar 31, 2014
And run with Zepp to see if we have a cheap option to back up MASE next year . Neither will happen with Berube though , Emery will play until Mase is allowed to rush back to attempt to save season.

So true. Emery's clearly not up to standard and hasn't been in a few years. Sick of the sight of the guy and his geriatric hips.Can't we just bring Zepp up, give him a shot to sink or swim (While giving Mason some actual recovery time, instead of continually rushing him back in order to salvage a laughably lame duck season) and then banish Emery for good when Mason is truly good to go?

As for Berube.... Most anything I could say about him would be blocked out by the filter, so I'll just leave it with a good :rant::shakehead:cry::help: . Let the meathead command the tank, but if he's back next season, I have a feeling that alcoholism may be beckoning.

Bah, I didn't even see today's game and this team is angrying up the blood!

JustJim

Feb 20, 2012
Paignton,UK
b7bgilzcmaaebbu.png

clueless!

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
In its current condition, this team might be the worst product I've seen put on the ice in my lifetime.

The team itself isnt terrible but it is vastly mediocre. What is terrible is the way they are being coached.

I feel like I am watching a light version of the late 90s team on how they wait till they are behind late in the 3rd before putting together the most solid 5-10 mins of their game.

Outside of that final burst, the team doesnt look dynamic. No energy. No purpose.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's not that they're waiting until the end of the game, it's that opponents tend to turtle at the end of games when they're leading by a few so it makes it look like the Flyers are dominating them.

I also disagree that it's a matter of effort or energy.. it's that there are too many unskilled players or poor skaters on the team. Seriously, can anyone on the team name one player that seems legitimately lazy? I don't there's a player like that on the team... some of them are just no good or they're struggling right now. For example, Read isn't playing well at all and he doesn't look anything like the Matt Read we've seen the last 3 years, but I definitely don't think it's a lack of effort. He's just in a serious slump or still injured. Even someone like Grossmann, who's as unskilled and slow as you could ever find, doesn't come off as a lazy player. The team just isn't assembled properly so we have to hope that things improve in the future through the draft, development of prospects/players, and smart trades.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
This team desperately needs an upgrade on defense, a Veteran penalty killer, a solid backup and better Coaching.
Hextall needs to address at least 3 of 4 in the offseason.

Boston is always tough to play against. We could do better in board battles but we haven't much improved in this area since Homer expressed his wish to get taller on the wings like 3 or 4 years ago.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
All in all, I didn't think the Flyers played poorly. They had consistent pressure in the Bruins zone and were creating chances but weren't burying them. Rask was very solid and the Bruins played disciplined defense. Nor did I see a lack of effort on the Flyers part. Neither the second nor the third goals were poor ones from Emery's POV; the defensive responsibilities broke down leaving Pastrnak all alone for the second goal and the third was a top-corner snipe on a 2-on-1.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
All in all, I didn't think the Flyers played poorly. They had consistent pressure in the Bruins zone and were creating chances but weren't burying them. Rask was very solid and the Bruins played disciplined defense. Nor did I see a lack of effort on the Flyers part. Neither the second nor the third goals were poor ones from Emery's POV; the defensive responsibilities broke down leaving Pastrnak all alone for the second goal and the third was a top-corner snipe on a 2-on-1.

agreed 100%, i was at the game and saw exactly this. IMO, 3rd goal was on Streit, i'm no hockey player but i'm pretty sure you're supposed to take away the pass there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00