GDT: #42 Blue Jackets at Tampa chainsaw massacre. |1-8-19 7:30 PM

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
After tonight the Jackets could be tied for the 2nd wild card with Montreal. With us having the tie breaker on ROW.
Makes the game on the 22nd more important.

Edit: my girlfriend corrected me since we have tix - the 18th

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Seriously, the only scoring chances the Lightning have had all period, outside of the PP, are chances that we've given them by mistake. They have been able to create nothing at all.

And yet "they're the more threatening team", "we have no chance", et cetera.

I mean, unless the folks with those stated positions are thinking the Lightning's game plan was to play prevent defense for 40 minutes... :dunno:

Reactions: thebus88

CBJMiddleGround

Jan 8, 2019
They need this power play for the game or it will go down hill. The Lightning have had more short handed chances than the Blue Jackets have had with their 12.9 percent pp

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Seriously, the only scoring chances the Lightning have had all period, outside of the PP, are chances that we've given them by mistake. They have been able to create nothing at all.

I mean, unless the folks with those stated positions are thinking the Lightning's game plan was to play prevent defense for 40 minutes... :dunno:
Do the chances we’ve given them not count as legitimate chances? Overall they are breaking even this period even with your observations (I agree they’ve been chances given up versus created). Due to the number and quality we give them they are able to muster a similar number of chances (in 2nd period); what would this game look like if we both gave them opportunity and they created their own?

We are trying to fill a bucket with holes. Can’t play another team and ourselves. That’s where my position is coming from.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Seems like a decent idea when you have a comfortable lead at home.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
20tjtb4.png

holy smokes. we absolutely dominated the 2nd period. nothing to show for though... vasilevskeiy.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Do the chances we’ve given them not count as legitimate chances? Overall they are breaking even this period even with your observations (I agree they’ve been chances given up cersus created). Due to the number and quality we give them they are able to muster a similar number of chances (in 2nd period); what would this game look like if we both gave them opportunity and they created their own?

We are trying to fill a bucket with holes. Can’t play another team and ourselves. That’s where my position is coming from.
I don't think we've given up nearly that many. It's certainly not good to be making those mistakes, but the fact that we've had, like 90-95% of the pressure that period (they did manage a little time towards the end there) suggests that we're not as hopeless in this game as some are suggesting.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Two ****ing goals is a "comfortable lead" now? For two full periods?

This is absurd. The Lightning's reputation has gotten into y'all's heads.

I’m f***ing with you.

Although I do think we can’t skate with these guys.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Palm Tree said:
holy smokes. we absolutely dominated the 2nd period. nothing to show for though... vasilevskeiy.

You say Vasilevsky, I say lack of finish and not picking corners. They're getting chances but putting them into his chest protector or off a defender (16 blocks, are we aiming for them?).

Only way the Jackets may get a goal tonight is if it bounces in.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You say Vasilevsky, I say lack of finish and not picking corners. They're getting chances but putting them into his chest protector or off a defender (16 blocks, are we aiming for them?).
You've successfully explained about half to two thirds of the shots taken. How about the rest?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad