gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Jackets win 3-1.

Jenner scores.
Wennberg finishes a +1 or better.
Bob puts up 27 saves out of 28 shots.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
A 7-3 loss would be an improvement. I'm saving my $ and watching this one on TV.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I came all the way from NH for this one. Win or lose this team better show up and give them a game.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We know they can play down to competition. Now let's see if they can play up.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Only thing the Jackets have in their favor is Tampa is coming off a West-coast road swing, so maybe they come out a little flat.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Only thing the Jackets have in their favor is Tampa is coming off a West-coast road swing, so maybe they come out a little flat.

I remember on my old NHL2K game Jim Hughson would always say when my team came back from a road trip that the first game back was always rough and sure enough my team wouldn't play up to par that game. Let's hope it rings true in reality tonight lol.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If losing to Tampa tonight is proof we cant beat them, will winning be proof that we CAN beat them??

Hopefully Korpisalo starts.

I don't want see "tough teams Bobrovsky".

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If Bobrovsky playing in net and losing is "proof" he's overrated and done, would him winning be "proof" he's still a great goalie?

No.

Korpisalo should start. These guys are too good for Bob and will eat him up (high) glove side and with tips.

You say, "done" and "still". You should go back and look at how long I've bashed Bob. He's never been a "great" goalie. He HAS BEEN overrated nearly his entire time on the CBJ, PLAYING ON TEAMS THAT MAKE HIM SEEM BETTER THAN HE ACTUALLY IS. Its NO COINCIDENCE that once the team opens up its style of play that his numbers go to shit. He's ALWAYS had issues with "consistency" and his "composure", even Vezina Bob.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No.

Korpisalo should start. These guys are too good for Bob and will eat him up (high) glove side and with tips.

You say, "done" and "still". You should go back and look at how long I've bashed Bob. He's never been a "great" goalie. He HAS BEEN overrated nearly his entire time on the CBJ, PLAYING ON TEAMS THAT MAKE HIM SEEM BETTER THAN HE ACTUALLY IS. Its NO COINCIDENCE that once the team opens up its style of play that his numbers go to ****. He's ALWAYS had issues with "consistency" and his "composure", even Vezina Bob.

I will say your dedication to your established points of view is creditable. There are few I've encountered that adhere so tightly to opinions even when evidence flies in their face. This methodology is certain to produce accurate results at least some of the time.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sharks beat them pretty convincingly their last game to end a long winning streak. Let's hope it's the start of a trend and not a speed-bump.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So Torts said Duclair's play has been up and down like a toilet seat. I see he hasn't learned from the Calvert situation.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sharks beat them pretty convincingly their last game to end a long winning streak. Let's hope it's the start of a trend and not a speed-bump.

My friend, a TB season ticket holder told me we were catching them at the right time when they are in a slump. :laugh:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
if Torts was a better soul reader then he could learn to read Bobs eyes and emotions to see whether Bob is in his choke mood and whether he fears the opponent.

I do believe that it is possible for Bob to record a shutout or to let only 1-2 unstoppable pucks but Id be surprised if that happened.

Either way, with both teams being rested there is every reason to believe that this game may turn out to be special and entertaining.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I will say your dedication to your established points of view is creditable. There are few I've encountered to adhere to opinions even when evidence flies in their face. This methodology is certain to produce accurate results at least some of the time.

What "evidence"?

People base this stellar "reputation" on his multiple Vezina wins. He has won these trophies because of "HIS" stats. The thing is this, "HIS" numbers/stats are AFFECTED GREATLY by the team in front of him. Not only the players and how good they are, but also HOW THEY PLAY STYLISTICALLY. How much impact do you think Hitchcock and his style of play had on Mason winning the Calder? This idea that he has been CARRYING the CBJ in any way, whether now, 16/17, or 12/13, is bogus.

I wont take too much away from him winning in a lockout year, but the fact is, its ONLY "half" a season. And, take a quick look at the 12/13 team. Look at the BIG group of 2 way/responsible guys at the top of the points list. Look at who the player/defenseman was that led in +/-. Dubinsky-Letestu-Anisimov-Mackenzie defensive center depth.

Columbus Blue Jackets 2012-13 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

A look deeper into the "team" shows that they missed the PO's by 1 point. 120 GF/119 GA. The 119 against ranked tied for 10th, the 120 scored ranked 25th. So what does all of this tell/show us? That the team couldn't score so they needed Bob to save their asses? Or that the team, led by a group of two-way, veterans and/or defensively responsible players, played a structured defensive style that significantly impacted their goalie and teams goals against numbers while giving themselves the best chance to win?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad