GDT: #42 Blue Jackets at Tampa chainsaw massacre. |1-8-19 7:30 PM

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
He dumped Brandon Saads salary for next two seasons. If Panarin leaves, it wasn’t for nothing. He will have extra $6 million plus burning a hole in his UFA pocket.

Great we saved money to overpay a free agent who decides he doesn't really like Columbus. I'm kidding.

But losing an elite offensive player for salary relief is not a great return. Very similar to us losing Ray Whitney for nothing and replacing him with the great top line C Todd Marchant (who we ended up waiving).

Reactions: CPTN71

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Actually 3 games now. Jones has been bad since year started. Yes, he scored an OT winner, but other than that, it is been turnover machine and bad defence festival.

No he hasn't. Its only been since they switched the D pairs "back".

He had a great stretch playing with Ryan Murray.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Jackets had just 2 shots on goal with above 10% chances to become a goal, from Bjorky and Robinson. Tampa had...
well, you see.

59444b1087563284.jpg

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Jackets had just 2 shots on goal with above 10% chances to become a goal, from Bjorky and Robinson. Tampa had...
well, you see.

59444b1087563284.jpg

The game had that look. The CBJ had a good second period, but the last time I checked, the game consisted of 3 periods. Oh, for moral victories.

Thanks for the chart.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So let me see. The team can't beat Tampa and Bob is overrated and done.

Well if the CBJ score on 1 or 2 of their chances in the 2nd, its a completely "different" game.

Bob is too deep in his crease much of the time. Look back at goal 1 and look at his skates/body in relation to the goal line. Easy poke check opportunity on goal 3, clearly gonna be a pass once both d men went to Johnson. And then goal 4. Its easy to say that the team down 3, with 11 minutes left, is gonna lose anyway, but how many times this year (last couple really) has this team scored 2 very quick goals. Just happened a game ago. The game wasn't NEARLY as one sided as most people in here are attempting to claim.

Once again, Bob was "outdueled".

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
well, you see.

59444b1087563284.jpg

DUMBEST SHIT EVER.

ZERO CONTEXT.

WHO THE f*** DETERMINES THIS 10%?

Oh, right, LITERALLY somebody who's has probably never put a pair of hockey skates on in their life or I CAN GUARANTEE has never played a period of organized hockey after age 8.

A "scoring chance" is a scoring chance. GTFO with this high danger BS. And a "tip" is a tip. If YOU CANT TELL intent, don't tell me if its a "tip" or a "deflection".

Come at me.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I will say, I am glad though that all you "fans" could actually enjoy being right for a change, that the team lost a game they were supposed to lose.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It has nothing to do with losing to Tampa, it was expected, but they can't beat a good team lately. Even Rags and Cats carried them to OT.

Okay so all the posts claiming that last night's game proves something have nothing to do with last night's game?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Okay so all the posts claiming that last night's game proves something have nothing to do with last night's game?
My posts? I can't speak for other people. :D I didn't expect them to win this game, hence the title. But the fact that they can't beat a PO team lately is worrisome and i stated this before game even started.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

major major

Feb 18, 2013
No. I'd still accept it, depending on the prospect. That's still a first round pick and a top-ish prospect. That's not a bad haul for a soon to be UFA who won't sign with you (theortically).

Doing a sign and trade for Duchene or Stone and keeping Panarin is fine with me, but they have to come signed. No rental Duchene or rental Stone. That way, if/when Panarin walks it eases the burden and you still have something left behind. Letting Panarin leave as your own rental without adding anything long term to shield yourself (No, not Tarasenko for Werenski) is a disaster, and blind trust into your roster.

Yeah if the soon to be UFA is Evander Kane or something. This is Panarin we are talking about, he should be 2x+ as valuable. The odds of getting an above average NHLer out of a late 1st and a Milano-esque prospect are not good. It doesn't shield us from disaster.

Are you familiar with loss aversion?

Reactions: Palm Tree

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well if the CBJ score on 1 or 2 of their chances in the 2nd, its a completely "different" game.

Bob is too deep in his crease much of the time. Look back at goal 1 and look at his skates/body in relation to the goal line. Easy poke check opportunity on goal 3, clearly gonna be a pass once both d men went to Johnson. And then goal 4. Its easy to say that the team down 3, with 11 minutes left, is gonna lose anyway, but how many times this year (last couple really) has this team scored 2 very quick goals. Just happened a game ago. The game wasn't NEARLY as one sided as most people in here are attempting to claim.

Once again, Bob was "outdueled".

Look, man. You're the one who asked the first question I quoted. The team lost 4-0. Doesn't that mean the answer is "they can't."

I never thought I'd see the day you played the equivocation game. I need to seriously reevaluate.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Look, man. You're the one who asked the first question I quoted. The team lost 4-0. Doesn't that mean the answer is "they can't."

I never thought I'd see the day you played the equivocation game. I need to seriously reevaluate.

I replied to you because you replied to me. Even though I quoted you, its mostly just an in general comment.

I don't think a single game ACTUALLY means "anything", in regards to the team or Bob, I just wanted my opinion of the game to be out there and to dispute the claims off a "blowout".

If the CBJ score a couple goals in the 2nd, which they easily and almost did, then all the naysayers wouldn't be blowing all this hot air.

Oh, who am I kidding, yes they would.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I replied to you because you replied to me. Even though I quoted you, its mostly just an in general comment.

I don't think a single game ACTUALLY means "anything", in regards to the team or Bob, I just wanted my opinion of the game to be out there and to dispute the claims off a "blowout".

If the CBJ score a couple goals in the 2nd, which they easily and almost did, then all the naysayers wouldn't be blowing all this hot air.

Oh, who am I kidding, yes they would.

The first and third periods happened whether you admit it or not. (With panarin and Dubois!)

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The first and third periods happened whether you admit it or not. (With panarin and Dubois!)

Ya, and so did the last 2 years, where the team made the playoffs both years and people like you claimed they wouldn't make the playoffs, from the 1st month to the last month of the regular season.

I mean, you keep the 'bag' on as an "ironic joke" now, right?

NOT LONG AGO, it wasn't a joke at all.

Reactions: Monk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad