GDT: #42 - 01/03/14 | New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 PM - MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Good job Sather. 8 million dollar goalie who can't stop a nose bleed. You got him signed at 8 million dollars a year for another 7 and a half years until he is 39. The stats don't lie. Lundqvist's save percentage is almost under 90% and he has been letting in 2.7 goals a game. When you pay someone to be elite, you can't make excuses that the defense is at fault. Lundqvist is being paid to keep goals out, and he isn't doing it. That contract was such a huge mistake.

He isn't doing it this year.

He's done it the past 7 years jesus christ how long have you been watching this team this garbage is literally unfathomable.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
There's one constant in every loss we've had.

We're a lazy team.

We can't compete with hard working teams. Devils work hard, Penguins work hard, the Panthers worked hard and were 2:10 from shutting us out, the Islanders have been working hard and beat us left and right in that game. We beat Tampa with 3 PPGs, 3/3 on the PP, without it, would have lost.

Against any hard working team, we fall apart.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
I know the defense has been brutal but hank used to bail out the team sometimes and make big saves whihc he doenst do anymore.

This is the truth. Once he got his contract he quit putting in all that extra effort and started sucking. We've really only gotten average or below average goalting from him which doesn't cut it with that caphit in mind. Unfortunately the situation for Hank is looking more and more like Bryz 2.0.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
This is what I don't get.

Used to be the Rangers got outshot by ridiculous margins as the other teams went on the 5 on 5 power play. Hank would stop 30-35 shots a night, and the Rangers would win 3-2.

Now, there are times the Rangers give up less than 22 shots a game and get drilled 4-0.

I just don't get it. It's not like Pittsburgh is dominating territorially and getting a ton of shots. Yet it seems like the Rangers can't get out of their own way and actually keep the puck deep in Pittsburgh's end either.

Inability to play man to man D, and boneheaded plays in their own zone leads to high quality scoring chances.

Take a peak at a shot chart after a game. Look at all the shots that come from between the circles and in. It's astounding.

Here's tonight's:

43YQFRx.png

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Good job Sather. 8 million dollar goalie who can't stop a nose bleed. You got him signed at 8 million dollars a year for another 7 and a half years until he is 39. The stats don't lie. Lundqvist's save percentage is almost under 90% and he has been letting in 2.7 goals a game. When you pay someone to be elite, you can't make excuses that the defense is at fault. Lundqvist is being paid to keep goals out, and he isn't doing it. That contract was such a huge mistake.

So, his sats for the last decade or so don't lie either? Which mean more?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For all the Hank supporters, I'm not arguing that the defense hasn't been bad. He is still being paid a ridiculous amount of money, and he has been playing mediocre. Blame the defense for being bad, but with what he is being paid, he should be playing much better than he is. He is a huge part of the problem.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Ironically going after some of the biggest free agents of this summer could ultimately net us Lundqvist, Callahan and Girardi. We got a head start on our shopping this season.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Thornton/Marleau/Vanek/Grabovski/Roy/Stastny/Vrbata

Thornton has some experience with Nash in international play, no?

Bring in an elite play making center to get your "star" forward going (because we won't be able to move Nash with his contract). Can allocate funds to Thornton after buying out Richards.

Vrbata might be interesting too if you can get him at a solid cap hit.

Vanek/Marleau are going to be too expensive. I'm not sold on Roy/Stastny either to help improve this team.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
We need a ****ing thread for people to complain about Lundqvist so the rest of us that have been following this team for more than 12 games can be spared the ********.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
This is the truth. Once he got his contract he quit putting in all that extra effort and started sucking. We've really only gotten average or below average goalting from him which doesn't cut it with that caphit in mind. Unfortunately the situation for Hank is looking more and more like Bryz 2.0.

he sucked for the first 20 games before he got the contract. 9 goals in anaheim? 6 goals in san jose?

518NYRfan

Jul 10, 2010
Staal to carolina for semin?
DZ and pouliot to Columbus for Dubinsky and Tim Erixon
Brassard to Montreal for briere?
Callahan to buffalo for Matt moulson?

I think the values there for every scenario... Thoughts people?

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Hank needs to start playing smart positionally. He has to learn when to come out of the net or stay in it.

RangersHank*

I doubt you'll find a mentally stable hockey fan who wouldn't want Crosby on their team.

That doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to dislike his faux tough guy act that he's been putting on for years.

Ok thats fair

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes, the 15 games since Lundqvist has been signed is truly indicative to the success of a 7 year contract signing :shakehead

Hopefully it isn't, but he is almost 32 years old. Players his age usually start to decline. Maybe he has started his decline. Maybe this season isn't an aberration.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
Staal to carolina for semin?
DZ and pouliot to Columbus for Dubinsky and Tim Erixon
Brassard to Montreal for briere?
Callahan to buffalo for Matt moulson?

I think the values there for every scenario... Thoughts people?

sounds great. value in cally for moulson seems a little too much. moulson does everything he does and scores.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
It's so true that over the last few seasons, the Penguins reveal themselves to be sadly lacking in what it takes to win it all when the games count.

I have not considered them an elite team in a while. Regular season is just to get you there, but along the way to the dance they do often own a lot of teams.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
The turnovers this team makes are just brutal. No goalie is stopping point blank looks from 5' away off of crisp passing after a turnover. Just awful. Nash completely let Jokinen go and just floated in front of the net and he's got all day from 3' out. This team is being outworked. Most of these goals are from inside the dots and that's just inexcusable against a team with this many guys out of the Pittsburgh starting line up.

Nash is terrible. TERRIBLE. The guy makes these idiotic no look passes to the invisible man CONSTANTLY and he's like a deer in the headlights covering in his own zone. Heartless and gutless. Just like last year's playoffs. What's Girardi thinking with that weak poke/stick check where he whiffs and then the NYR are in deep **** in their own end.

As hard a team to watch as I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad