GDT: #42 - 01/03/14 | New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 PM - MSG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Crosby going at a clip to get 115 pts...That's the best numbers anyone in the post 2005 lockout could ever put up. I don't think we'll ever see Lemieux like numbers. I saw something where in 92-93 the Pens had 4 100 pt scores--Lemieux (160), Stevens, Francis, ?, and Jagr had crap--on 96 points. The Pens have always been able to outsnipe every other team in the league...this year is nothing new.
They're only problem is D and Fleury who has some kind of playoff meltdown the last few years. If it wasn't for their D and goaltending I'd say they were the Eastern Conference favorites for reaching the Cup finals over the Bruins.

Uhh, Crosby had 120 points. Jagr and Thornton had around 125, but I think I know what you mean.

Besides Kane, there's nobody close and that's what makes it impressive. Scoring is down from 2005-2007 by quite a bit.

Punxrocknyc19*

Nash is starting to remind me of Lindros when we acquired him. Although Lindros was the better player, both had concussions and both seemed affected by them the rest of the way. nash clearly is uncomfortable with being hit and even his shot looks weak

Lindros also still had some grit and a mean streak when he was here.. that is more than Nash has.. Nash just looks like he regrets being here.. no emotion at all. how can you be an athlete without having some type of emotion :help:

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
This is the kind of **** I don't understand.

Back before we traded for Nash a post like this would've been derided for how ridiculous it is.

Now, I bet half of this ****ing forum agrees.

Callahan is a 50 point scorer on an elite team. Moulson is a 60-70 point scorer on 2 very bad teams. Basically same age. Look at the numbers.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
The fact that Tortorella was demonized while we were a solid playoff team and yet AV feeling zero heat just goes to show how insane popular opinion tends to be.

He's neutered, eviscerated, and deconstructed everything I liked about the New York Rangers. There's no hard work, there's no "Us Against the World" attitiude. There's no accountability, or players who look like they're giving every drop of sweat and blood they have because they know if they give anything less they WILL NOT PLAY.

And yet, that's not even the worst of what he's done. His crackhead defensive system has sabotaged what was touted as one of the best D corps in the entire league, but has managed to put a crack in the confidence in what is not only our franchise player, but one of the best goaltenders in the world; a potential hall of famer.

But he keeps his head down. He coddles his stars. He gives bland interviews. He gets forgotten. He makes sure he's not seen as the X factor.

But our powerplay scores every now and then, so good for him.

If we're not winning games, who gives a ****.
Torts wasnt teh right coach for them either. Its funny the people who are kissing his ass now are probably the ones caling for his head last year :laugh:

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I wish players would be penalized financially for not producing as expected.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
I think my favorite thing is the people who act like goalie coaches and after every goal against say stuff like his positioning was off to try and sound smarter as if no one here can figure out its completely bs.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
This is the kind of **** I don't understand.

Back before we traded for Nash a post like this would've been derided for how ridiculous it is.

Now, I bet half of this ****ing forum agrees.

Nope, it's still idiotic. Moulson hits, PKs, leads by example, blocks boatloads of shots and has wheels? Since when? He does none of those things. The knock on him is that he literally ONLY scores and only from in close. it's a post that shows no knowledge of the players at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad