Prospect Info: #41OA - Hurricanes select RW Noel Gunler (Luleå HF - SHL)

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I haven't followed Gunler closely but he seemed like a pure finisher....and something the Canes need.

Does he still have a path to the big club? How is his defensive game coming along?
From what I’ve seen you barely notice him until he gets the puck in a good area and then he’s a dangerous player at maybe any level. We talk about needing a “50 foot player”, he could maybe fit that bill but it seems he still has a lot of growth needed as a player to be trusted. He was always a long shot, I don’t know if he’s at the crossroads yet but it feels like he’s close.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
From what I’ve seen you barely notice him until he gets the puck in a good area and then he’s a dangerous player at maybe any level. We talk about needing a “50 foot player”, he could maybe fit that bill but it seems he still has a lot of growth needed as a player to be trusted. He was always a long shot, I don’t know if he’s at the crossroads yet but it feels like he’s close.
So watching both the prospects tournament as well as preseason, I watched Suzuki and Gunler closely. I was surprised at how engaged Gunler was. He blocked shots, rushed to cover his man, and most importantly, ALWAYS found that soft spot in the defense. Kid is a pure sniper who has silk for hands. Felt like to me he was told what he needed to improve upon and he took it to heart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad