Post-Game Talk: #41 | FLYERS (H) vs. Sabres (A) | Sunday, Apr. 11, 2021 | Loss 5-3

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As good as the pens d and and the interchangeable goalies who won cups and went to finals for them?
Yes...as good as prime Letang, Niskanen age 25-28, prime Fleury(when not against us) and upstart Murray who was fantastic his first 2 years.

AND you ignore that we were rebuilding under Hextall's years here. The core players can't make Mgt add players to help them.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Like what exactly? Voracek is probably the most palatable to lose at this point but is probably the hardest to move at that.

What player for player trades are you going to get for two expiring UFA’s in Giroux & Couturier? If you’re moving them you’re more than likely minimizing your return by asking for NHL players.
I think and I know this board thinks they are tradeable.
They do have a year left. They don’t expire this summer. I think.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Wow.

I want all of these coaches gone. I want a remake of the team as well. I agree with deciding on an identity and moving towards that. If that is building from the net out, then trade away some forward for cap and get Hamilton in here with York and Z around. I see nothing wrong with the broad street bullies identity that got you here, but it has to be 2.0. It likely means that Voracek and JVR are no longer here.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You did make it seem in your first post that they would be removed without adding a thing.

I mean obviously we wouldn’t give them away for nothing but the odds are the biggest benefit would be rather the future cap savings & making the team worse in a short for a possibility of a higher draft pick. The odds of replacing them specifically through those trades just isn’t high regardless.

Reactions: Tripod

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I mean obviously we wouldn’t give them away for nothing but the odds are the biggest benefit would be rather the future cap savings & making the team worse in a short for a possibility of a higher draft pick. The odds of replacing them specifically through those trades just isn’t high regardless.
But it’s time to move on. If they couldn’t get out of round 1 for a decade, no matter whose fault, it’s time to get what you can at ages 30-34.
I’ve watched the flyers since the late 60’s. Coots has been my favorite player other than Clarke, hextall and lindros. But sometimes you have to bite the bullet!

Last edited:

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Aren't all these conversations about the roster related? Wouldn't the "Core" be more successful and able to win if the Hextall Draft Pick Core is actually able to step up in a consistent way? Perhaps the problem is that Provorov, Patrick, Konecny, Myers, etc etc etc aren't the stud prospects we thought they were. Or are we just going to wait and wish for the next group of seemingly promising Phantoms players to make it to the NHL only for them to underwhelm as well. In reality, I think the biggest downfall has been the failure to add NHL-level talent to the talent (core and drafted) that is on the roster. If you are going to add Thompson, Pitlick, Gustafsson, etc., players of no impact whatsoever, you should expect to be disappointed. It's been poor team construction, amplified by the fact that the coach favors players that are a detriment to the roster.
Agreed. Weise, weal, manning., vdv, Schultz, del zotto did not help much.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
If AV is not let go after this game, then as hard as it would be for me as a Flyers fan, I am hoping that G gets traded to a legit contender so that he has a chance at winning a cup.
I just don't think that'll ever happen because the man at the top of the ladder doesn't give a s*** about the team but I'm pretty sure the GM doesn't either Fletcher could care less how many years G's been busting his ass

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
But it’s time to move on. If they couldn’t get out of round 1 for a decade, no matter whose fault, it’s time to get what you can at ages 30-34.
I’ve watched the flyers since the late 60’s. Coots has been my favorite player other than Clarke, hextall and lindros. But sometimes you have to bite the bullet!

Sure but I don’t want this current regime being in charge of that though. It’s time to purge the whole organization beyond just Fletcher & AV. Maybe keep a few of the amateur scouts but Clarke, Homer, Lombardi, Fletcher, Flahr, the pro scouting staff, the coaching staffs at both levels, etc. should all be gone.

No more country club.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I mean the Sabres, a 10 win team, are flat-out outcoaching our clownshow every game. How many times do AV and Yeo need to send the whole team chasing the puck along the left wall, only for the Sabres to use the WIDE OPEN RIGHT HALF OF THE f***ING ICE to generate incredible chances, before they stop and think "maybe we are stupid"
it's like I said. The players deserve blame, but you can't blame them for doing what they are told to do by a clown coaching staff. Especially the younger blue line guys and players like hagg. The vets know this, but they can't say/do anything because the coach likes benching and sitting the leading scorer, among other dumb shit

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I just don't understand the "blame the players, blow it up" crowd.

Why would you believe the office people who like these supposedly awful players will do anything but gather more awful players?
I’m confused. I thought the office people sabotage these players?

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
For the ones wanting AV fired. Where is your replacements? Unless I've missed it, who are you replacing him with? Legit suggestions, because I don't see anyone out there. They've already tried bringing in a nobody like Hakstol so that isn't happening.
Replacements? Anyone...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Couts and G aren't going anywhere.
Voracek, JVR and Ghost, depends on the offer.
Raffl, Gus are gone in any case.
Laughton? Morin?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Couts and G aren't going anywhere.
Voracek, JVR and Ghost, depends on the offer.
Raffl, Gus are gone in any case.
Laughton? Morin?

Agree on Couts and G , they stay, too important.
I keep Ghost
One of Jake or JVR need to go for the cap allocation.
Raffl should be gone long ago
Laughton 100% gone
Keep Morin for cheap.

Reactions: Rebels57

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
vasi couldn't stop this mess. Problems are more than awful goaltending. To allow the sabres to beat you off a faceoff and score immediately after is absolutely pathetic. To lose twice to jeff f***ing skinner of all "centers" shows you how shitty we are as a team. We need major changes. We cant go into next year with the same team. We might be able to make the playoffs, but we will never win with the same exact team.
Carter Hart can only be so hungry when he's got a big huge s*** sandwich in front of them every night

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Wow.

I want all of these coaches gone. I want a remake of the team as well. I agree with deciding on an identity and moving towards that. If that is building from the net out, then trade away some forward for cap and get Hamilton in here with York and Z around. I see nothing wrong with the broad street bullies identity that got you here, but it has to be 2.0. It likely means that Voracek and JVR are no longer here.

I want to trade our roster for Seattle's expansion status so we can pick a brand new team. Seattle probably wouldn't do it. They wouldn't want a team that makes the playoffs and then misses ad infinitum from here to eternity. Better to have a team that you can hope one day might win a Cup, since this team can't. Ever.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
More shame bell!

5645cc3f79e4e95a-shame-game-of-thrones-gif-6-gif-images-download.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad