Post-Game Talk: #41 | FLYERS (H) vs. Sabres (A) | Sunday, Apr. 11, 2021 | Loss 5-3

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Patrick is 22, coming off a bizarre series of mishaps (botched groin surgery at 18 that had to be repeated at 19, lost his 21 year season to migraines).
What most concerns me about Patrick are these rumors that he wants to get out of Philly as much as the Flyers want to move him out. That clearly indicates that his camp feels that he has been mismanaged here; most likely by AV&Co. That amount of impatience is hard to tolerate and most likely symptomatic of the way that players are being run over by the staff. It's not as if the Patrick family doesn't understand what good coaching looks like. They smell a rat(s) and want Nolan out of here.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
This was one of the most gutless surrenders i've seen from this f***ing team. At least we know they're done now and as we all knew, there aren't many players on this team with the character to do anything about it.

If Fletch doesn't sell, he needs firing. I mean, he needs firing anyway but particularly if he doesn't sell now.

Reactions: Rebels57

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It takes two to tango and it looks as if Fletch can't find a partner. It could be that other GMs see the desperate situation that the Flyers are in and want to take them for a ride. Also it could just be that others don't think much of the players that the Flyers have to offer. Laughton, Raffl and Gus are easily replaceable even on this club.

Brett K

Mar 18, 2021
This was one of the most gutless surrenders i've seen from this f***ing team. At least we know they're done now and as we all knew, there aren't many players on this team with the character to do anything about it.

If Fletch doesn't sell, he needs firing. I mean, he needs firing anyway but particularly if he doesn't sell now.

The Flyers dominated most of the game and couldn't get saves when mistakes were made. Yet no one wants to talk about a .871 save percentage which wouldn't be acceptable anywhere!

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
If you review first round drafts going back the last decade you'll find many first round dmen aren't even in the league much less first pair. Especially outside the top 10.
Sort of like how not every first round forward is a top six player
I know. And at the same time second and third rounders make it to the top line / pairing. It’s all about odds / percentage / potential.
But in my opinion out of our first round D-men only Provy has sort of lived up to his potential. Sanheim is a still a litte behind expectations and Morin way below. Add the missed chance with the second overall and the things are not what they were supposed to be.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Everybody talks about the save percentage, constantly. Hard to blame the netties for a goal we helped kick in and an unchallenged rebound from 5 yards.

SV% in a single game isn't a useful stat. You can just look at the goals.

SV% is helpful over much bigger samples.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know. And at the same time second and third rounders make it to the top line / pairing. It’s all about odds / percentage / potential.
But in my opinion out of our first round D-men only Provy has sort of lived up to his potential. Sanheim is a still a litte behind expectations and Morin way below. Add the missed chance with the second overall and the things are not what they were supposed to be.

Your assessment of the percentages tied to the first round are way, way above where they should be if you think Sanheim is a disappointment. You really ought to look at the last decade of drafts and you'll see what I mean.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Your assessment of the percentages tied to the first round are way, way above where they should be if you think Sanheim is a disappointment. You really ought to look at the last decade of drafts and you'll see what I mean.

Yep. Between 2003 and 2013..

20210412_120151.png

Reactions: Beef Invictus

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
I didn‘t say he is a disappointment. I said he is a little below (my) expectations and that overall our picks have been par or subpar.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I didn‘t say he is a disappointment. I said he is a little below (my) expectations and that overall our picks have been par or subpar.

Here are the #17 picks since 2010:

Hishon
Beaulieu
Hertl
Lazar
Sanheim
Connor
Fabbro
Liljegren
Smith
Krebs
Reichel

Who knows what Smith, Krebs, or Reichel are yet.

But otherwise Connor is the only player that can be ranked over Sanheim. Sanheim is flat-out better than all those other 17th overalls, outside of a single outlier year for Hertl. So this is why I'm saying your expectations for that draft position are steep if you think Sanheim has disappointed.

Reactions: Rebels57

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
Here are the #17 picks since 2010:
Hishon
Beaulieu
Hertl
Lazar
Sanheim
Connor
Fabbro
Liljegren
Smith
Krebs
Reichel
Who knows what Smith, Krebs, or Reichel are yet.
But otherwise Connor is the only player that can be ranked over Sanheim. Sanheim is flat-out better than all those other 17th overalls, outside of a single outlier year for Hertl. So this is why I'm saying your expectations for that draft position are steep if you think Sanheim has disappointed.
That‘s a good point, but it stands in no relation to what I wrote.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
3rd and 4th lines in this game were

Laughton-Hayes-Patrick
Lindblom-Laczynski-NAK

I don't wonder how any of them are in the NHL
I was more talking about the Vandlevelde years but even those 2 lines don't work as hard as the penguin and teams above the flyers do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad