GDT: #41: Flames at FLYERS, Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Getting a point v Calgary to me doesn’t reflect good on the quest for Hughes.

Indicates we will not quite be bad enough over the remainder to secure the most lottery balls.

I don't want the best chance - it will just be that much more frustrating when we don't get it. Think about Buffalo in their quest for McDavid - they had the best chance and lost. Or think about when we had the best chance to get Kane and fell to second.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Didn’t watch but saw the highlights. Didn’t seem like they scored an actual legit goal. 1st goal was a lucky bounce, and then the second, goalie was 10 feet from the net

Just saw the highlights after being at the game and it looks even worse. Teams score off mistakes and the flyers make a lot in terms of turnovers and defensive atrocities like what Simmonds did. You can’t rely on skate tips and goalies making that dumb of a play to score your only goals. The team comes CLOSE to scoring. But don’t finish bc they lack that skill set.

Simmonds has always been an awful defensive player. He has cost them a number of times. Remember his failure to clear the puck against Boston in the waning seconds of a lead in a huge late season game last year (might've been Easter)?

That was bad. And he had several similar plays that year.

I don’t buy that Simmonds wasn’t a good defensive player. Him and Coots were a formidable PK duo 3 years ago. His body is just breaking down now, and his defensive game has struggled

PK is one thing but he doesn’t back check and he makes a lot of errors carrying the puck.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just saw the highlights after being at the game and it looks even worse. Teams score off mistakes and the flyers make a lot in terms of turnovers and defensive atrocities like what Simmonds did. You can’t rely on skate tips and goalies making that dumb of a play to score your only goals. The team comes CLOSE to scoring. But don’t finish bc they lack that skill set.

That was bad. And he had several similar plays that year.

PK is one thing but he doesn’t back check and he makes a lot of errors carrying the puck.

Hes terrible.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was dealing with an ill child all day. I guess the upshot of having a very pukey dog is that it thoroughly trained me for childpuke.

So, how did this go?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Encouraging I guess. Thanks.

Some might probably stroll in with more critical view of Jake, but I believe the line looked good and he had some nice passes too.

At times the team still looked a bit lifeless, little motivation, as if it need a spark. But the things I listed were encouraging at least..

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was dealing with an ill child all day. I guess the upshot of having a very pukey dog is that it thoroughly trained me for childpuke.

So, how did this go?

The Flyers played well and deserved 2 points. They had it in the bag. Then Simmonds decided to stop playing and let Tkachuk skate right past him for the tying goal against with under 5 minutes to go. Simmonds is bad. Dont be like Simmonds.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

So, how did this go?
Hope the kids feeling better.

To echo what others said, yeah, they played really well for the most part. I'd say we outplayed them overall, definitely had better scoring chances, but we just didn't have much luck. TK hit a post, Voracek hit a post, and I think someone else did too, but I can't remember who.

The PP looked good and got some nice chances. All the usual top players looked pretty good.

What cost them was Simmonds playing like lazy TRASH at the very end of the game. @Rebels57 took screenshots to show his coasting bull**** right before the goal.
GDT: - #41: Flames at FLYERS, Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

Then, in OT (believe it or not, I'm not saying this out of bias) Weal f***ed them so hard. He was a turnover machine all game and then in OT his weak ass turned it over to give them a 2v1 rush, where they won it.

Hart wasn't tested much, but played well. None of the goals were his fault. One was a perfect shot by Gaudreau, one was through a screen, and the last was the 2v1 in OT where he was almost able to get across and make a nutty save.

Overall, it was the type of game that shows the potential the team has when they're not screwed by special teams and goaltending. They played well against a good team and deserved to win.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Honestly, why the hell is Weal out there in OT? I don't hate him that much but there's about 8 other guys that should be out

Yeah Gordon went away from Patrick late in the game and he didnt get a shift in OT.

A player thats been a healthy scratch most games shouldnt be getting OT shifts.

Reactions: BringBackBerube

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Patrick’s skating is not up to 3 on 3 standard. Heck, it’s holding him back 5 on 5.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hope the kids feeling better.

To echo what others said, yeah, they played really well for the most part. I'd say we outplayed them overall, definitely had better scoring chances, but we just didn't have much luck. TK hit a post, Voracek hit a post, and I think someone else did too, but I can't remember who.

The PP looked good and got some nice chances. All the usual top players looked pretty good.

What cost them was Simmonds playing like lazy TRASH at the very end of the game. @Rebels57 took screenshots to show his coasting bull**** right before the goal.
GDT: - #41: Flames at FLYERS, Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

Then, in OT (believe it or not, I'm not saying this out of bias) Weal ****ed them so hard. He was a turnover machine all game and then in OT his weak ass turned it over to give them a 2v1 rush, where they won it.

Hart wasn't tested much, but played well. None of the goals were his fault. One was a perfect shot by Gaudreau, one was through a screen, and the last was the 2v1 in OT where he was almost able to get across and make a nutty save.

Overall, it was the type of game that shows the potential the team has when they're not screwed by special teams and goaltending. They played well against a good team and deserved to win.

So, with this description paired with the last few games, it seems the team is in that annual stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad