Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
On pace for 72 points

rgTqqG8.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Jake hate is still something I don’t understand.

Sure, he makes mistakes at times but he’s still easily a net positive. And even if you can’t tolerate the mistakes, we have nobody who’s even close to replacing his scoring.

Simmonds is very easy to replace, Jake is not.

And JVR is getting more heat than he deserves too. When with G on the top line he was putting up points, he’s our best netfront guy on the PP and it’s not his fault he’s being misused, he’s been all over the lineup (today he was with our two worst forwards as linemates), and he’s still not getting appropriate icetime so expecting him to score more than he currently is doesn’t make much sense.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Ghost was put in a crappy position in OT. Weal ****ed up and Ghost made the right call backing up and defending the 2 on 1. JVR's slow butt couldnt get back in time. There really wasnt much Ghost could have done
He played it poorly, supposed to stop the pass from going across and let the goalie face the shot. He cheated over to the shooter. Any goalie that has to go east to west is most likely going to get scored on. The only thing is every flyers dman plays the 2 on 1 the same way, almost like they were taught to play it that way.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He played it poorly, supposed to stop the pass from going across and let the goalie face the shot. He cheated over to the shooter. Any goalie that has to go east to west is most likely going to get scored on. The only thing is every flyers dman plays the 2 on 1 the same way, almost like they were taught to play it that way.

All 3 Flyers were at fault for that goal.

Cant say im shocked that a Ghost-JVR-Weal trio couldnt get it done :laugh:

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Not that good. He got beat twice that a good goalie would've saved 1 if not both. Didn't have many difficult saves as the team played well. I don't recall a team ever in my 40 years of being involved in hockey ever give up so many chances where the other team is wide open in the slot. It happens all the time. That is the responsibility of the forwards who are getting caught. I'd love to see the ratio of goals for to goals against in the slot.... probably 10-1 for goals against. Absolutely pathetic
Funny that we've been told from some site members that the slot location isn't a good place to shoot the puck.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
All 3 Flyers were at fault for that goal.

Cant say im shocked that a Ghost-JVR-Weal trio couldnt get it done :laugh:
Oh i know. The poster said there was nothing ghost could do but he could of played it better. Ghost is put in a poor situation because of weals mistake, and ghost playing it poorly puts Hart in a bad situation. That's what bad teams do

Reactions: renberg

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
i don't know but, simmonds skating looks ok when he is chasing the puck on the offence. it's only on the back check and in his own zone it looks bad.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Even Facebook Flyers fans have turned against Simmonds.

It’s funny that’s one of the first places I saw the hate against Holmgren by a large number of people this season.

To me, all this other stuff is kind of small fry. He is supposed to be the guy guiding this organization and what’s happened the past few years, and obviously this one are a disgrace. This isn’t a team that’s having a tough stretch and still has its sights set on a long playoff run.

This is a f***ing joke of an organization, and he better hope some of Ron’s prospects (that aren’t up yet) pan out because it’s going to get even uglier if they don’t. Giroux is masking a lot right now.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Simmonds has always been an awful defensive player. He has cost them a number of times. Remember his failure to clear the puck against Boston in the waning seconds of a lead in a huge late season game last year (might've been Easter)?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Didn’t watch but saw the highlights. Didn’t seem like they scored an actual legit goal. 1st goal was a lucky bounce, and then the second, goalie was 10 feet from the net

Rittich also got lucky a few times though and had no clue he made saves.

Flyers arguably outplayed them and created more (at worst even at 5v5), especially in first 40 minutes, and also hit iron 2x, which has been a trend recently. But then sat back lack on.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I don’t buy that Simmonds wasn’t a good defensive player. Him and Coots were a formidable PK duo 3 years ago. His body is just breaking down now, and his defensive game has struggled

Reactions: BernieParent

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Rittich also got lucky a few times though and had no clue he made saves.

Flyers arguably outplayed them and created more (at worst even at 5v5), especially in first 40 minutes, and also hit iron 2x, which has been a trend recently. But then sat back lack on.

Fair. Just saw the heat map though and looks like they struggled to get to prime scoring areas...again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad