GDT: #41: Flames at FLYERS, Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For as much flak as Simmonds is getting, it's hilarious that Voracek and JVR have largely escaped unscathed in spite of being awful for much of the season. All 3 have loser-like body language on the ice and are setting a bad example for the young guys. All 3 should be shopped.

It's less that they've escaped unscathed, and more that we aren't going to be able to move guys on long-term deals as easily as a pending UFA.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
Getting a point v Calgary to me doesn’t reflect good on the quest for Hughes.

Indicates we will not quite be bad enough over the remainder to secure the most lottery balls.

Reactions: DaphneLion

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
For as much flak as Simmonds is getting, it's hilarious that Voracek and JVR have largely escaped unscathed in spite of being awful for much of the season. All 3 have loser-like body language on the ice and are setting a bad example for the young guys. All 3 should be shopped.

Have you blocked everyone ?? Jake and JVR escaping criticism ?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Weise and his usage is less detrimental to the Flyers than Simmonds and his usage.

Weise > Simmer

Ya I said it when you factor in useage and available replacements

Usage is not Simmonds' problem. That's on the coaching staff to recognize he needs to play sheltered minutes. Weise is objectively a worse hockey player, and it's head scratching that they insist on letting him play the PK. Looks like he's skating in quicksand in the d zone, and can't get in any lanes if his life depended on it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Usage is not Simmonds' problem. That's on the coaching staff to recognize he needs to play sheltered minutes. Weise is objectively a worse hockey player, and it's head scratching that they insist on letting him play the PK. Looks like he's skating in quicksand in the d zone, and can't get in any lanes if his life depended on it.

Simmonds is doing more damage to the PP than Weise is to the PK.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Simmonds is doing more damage to the PP than Weise is to the PK.

Agree that JVR should be on that first unit, but seeing Voracek shoot into shins and miss the net game in and game out, coupled with his brainless giveaways, should give anyone fits. More wrong with this team than Simmonds right now.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Anyway, watching this team this season is making me want to go down to Peru and try out some ayahuasca. After which I'd become another deadhead, and I don't want that. So I think I need to take a break for a bit.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Agree that JVR should be on that first unit, but seeing Voracek shoot into shins and miss the net game in and game out, coupled with his brainless giveaways, should give anyone fits. More wrong with this team than Simmonds right now.

Of course there is
And of course Jake should also be removed from the PP.

But Simmer is at another level of awful, same category as Farmer and Weise

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Watch simmer skate on that tieing goal. He was pushing off of his left leg only like 3 times in a row while his right foot was just planted. WTF was that?

He's cooked, it is very obvious IMO. I don't think it's that he doesn't care or isn't trying - I think he just can't do anything at all anymore.

Last edited:

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Question for you guys who are in the know. What's with the ice this season, and seemingly for the past few seasons? I recall that through most of the past few decades, Philly always had top notch ice. Realize the surface is the same for both teams, but it's noticeably a lot worse.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And despite that, Jake is 2nd on the team in points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad