Post-Game Talk: #41| Capitals at FLYERS | Thu., Jan. 8, 2015

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
3 people that i did not see mentioned yet as players who i thought stood out were LSchenn, MDZ and Read. I think it was Therrien who said LSchenn is a VERY good dman when he plays within himself. Simple and physical. I agree with that very much minus the all caps very. When he plays like that and stays in the lineup that build confidence and consistency. Having that, Schenn is a very servicable 6th dman.

Read was buzzing all game and played very well. He is not the old read but ill take it. Umberger also had a good game and not just because he scored. All around he was very solid, as was Vinny.

MDZ when confident is very fun to watch. He clearly got the message and has begun to pick and choose when he pinches, takes risks and leads the charge. He has been more conservative and being a real threat from the back end with his breakout passes, zone entry and cycling. He isnt scoring but he is creating a lot of chances and havoc down low and in the crease with his shots.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yeah, that was Luke's best performance of the season last night. He actually looked like an NHL skater.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah the simpleton with low hockey IQ has to keep it simple.....

Problem with Schenn is that he is a good 6th defensemen now ...but as he gets older he isn't going to get any faster and he's a finished product. Dude's future is limited with the Flyers and Hextall will unload him first chance he gets and should do so......

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Michael Del Zotto and Nick Schultz are our best defensemen.

Combined, they make less than our worst defensemen, Nicklas Grossmann.

Sweet.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Andrew MacDonald is playing himself into a Wade Redden situation here. I feel bad for the guy. Maybe a coaching change and a definitive role with a steady partner next season will get him back on track?

Do any of our prospects seem like the type he would mesh well with?

Could he be the Carle to Morins Pronger next season?

We can't trade him so let's hope!

Streit-Schultz
Del Zotto-Schenn
MacDonald-Morin

Gostisbehere

Assuming Coburn and Grossmann are traded..which they probably won't be. I can actually see Schultz traded first become of his pending UFA status and cheap cap hit. He would seem like a very attractive option to a contender.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Andrew MacDonald is playing himself into a Wade Redden situation here. I feel bad for the guy. Maybe a coaching change and a definitive role with a steady partner next season will get him back on track?

Do any of our prospects seem like the type he would mesh well with?

Could he be the Carle to Morins Pronger next season?

We can't trade him so let's hope!

Streit-Schultz
Del Zotto-Schenn
MacDonald-Morin

Gostisbehere

Assuming Coburn and Grossmann are traded..which they probably won't be. I can actually see Schultz traded first become of his pending UFA status and cheap cap hit. He would seem like a very attractive option to a contender.

With that defense, I think the Flyers will be contending for Austin Matthews next year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With that defense, I think the Flyers will be contending for Austin Matthews next year.

Haha i'm just throwing **** at the wall.

It was more a hope that somehow MacDonald found chemistry with Morin because he has no chemistry with anyone else on the team..and we are stuck with him. We can scratch him obviously if it makes the team better but that's not ideal.

Also if we end up with Marner this year and Matthews next year, we will win the Cup by 2018 lol.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
MacDonald-Schenn has been solid, unlike the MDZ-Schenn pairing.

Now MacDonald might finally get to play for an extended period with a guy he's always done fine with - Streit.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Anybody else notice that PP2 looked drastically different last night? There was a lot more movement going in between the players, almost to the point of reminding me of Arizona's set up.

I guess somebody finally decided after trying the same thing over and over and over with no results, they might have to change.

I still wish they'd put Laughton back on the unit, but it's a step in the right direction.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Out of all the goalies with over 20 GP, Mason is 10th in the NHL in SV%

Out of that top 10, only Price, Anderson and Varlamov face more shots per game than Mason.

Out of that list of 20+ goalies, I took all the goalies of playoff teams today. On average they face approximately 27.4 shots per game. The average save percentage of those goalies is .917%

Mason is facing 29.6 shots per game with a SV% of .919

I don't want to speak too soon but I think we might have figured this goalie thing out after all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad