Post-Game Talk: #41| Capitals at FLYERS | Thu., Jan. 8, 2015

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I used to call him Minny's Coburn. Now he's our 2nd Coburn.

He doesn't make as many mistakes as Coburn does.

Granted, Coburn hasn't been that bad lately, but in this season as a whole, he's been far less consistent than Schultz.

It's kinda sad when "do your job without screwing up" makes you our best D-man, but **** i'll take it.

Speaking of which, yeah, i love how suddenly our D is able to contain Ovechkin with MacD and Grossmann out of the lineup.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
100% agree with Coots and Shultz in three stars, the played great! Coots was super solid on PK and Shultz was solid everywhere all game.

Also Umburger played very well, probably his best game as a Flyer (EDIT: I mean this season as a Flyer)

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Yah, great team effort. Mase great game,Schultz great game, and what a shot by scoracheck for the 2 points.and we play the beaners next, and they are picking up steam. Mase could make it hard for Boston. As long as it's a good effort, I would be happy, win or loss.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
it's amusing how coLOLumbus fans still bash mason and call him a ****** goalie. they hate him so much they cant give him any credit for his resurgence.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
MacDonald will be back next game which bodes well for a good draft pick

He's replacing our worst possession Dman by a huge margin.

Grossmann's advanced stats are as bad as Mac's were last season in New York, and he was playing 22 minutes on the top pairing. I still feel bad for him getting hurt, though. You can't fault his effort.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
it's amusing how coLOLumbus fans still bash mason and call him a ****** goalie. they hate him so much they cant give him any credit for his resurgence.

For goalies that have played at least 20 games, he is 8th in SV%......6th at ES.

Yet all we see us how Bernier is god.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
All sportsnet analysts have to say after the game is Giroux dove to get the OT PP. Mike Johnson is such a plug. Worst commentary on TV
Actually Niskanen slewfooted Giroux, kicking the back of his left calf, home to 8 stitches. It was dirty, deserved and not a dive.

DogwoodFLY

Jul 13, 2009
Umberger had the best game of the season. Not saying a whole lot be he actually was noticeable in a dare I say positive way tonight. Still slow as molasses and weak on the puck but he found a way to get some things done tonight.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Can't quote them here, against the rules. But basically they're calling the Flyers divers, refs biased, and other assorted nonsense. They're just angry that it wasn't the blowout they were expecting :laugh:

I am sure it was the same group of people who were whining about the refs in the winter classic thread . I know every fanbase complains about the refs but they take it to a new level.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
This team is much better at home and played more road games the first half. You know they are going to troll us and finish picking somewhere in the 10-15 range, right?

Improving the PK alone ensures this. I wish either last season, this season or better, both, this team would suck properly and get a top pick. We are entering Leafs territory here, where you are perpetually average.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
This team is much better at home and played more road games the first half. You know they are going to troll us and finish picking somewhere in the 10-15 range, right?

Improving the PK alone ensures this. I wish either last season, this season or better, both, this team would suck properly and get a top pick. We are entering Leafs territory here, where you are perpetually average.

As long and Giroux and Mason are healthy, this team will never be bad enough to get the top picks in the draft. This Flyers will end up winning the momentum cup again this season just like 2 seasons ago and pick 11. While every other team that is out of the playoffs will pack it in, this team will go on a winning streak and we will hear all the same tripe about how it will carry over to next season.

It was a good win but in the end meaningless and counterproductive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad