GDT: #41 – Sabres at Lightning – Thu Jan 12, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just no situational awareness from either him or Gionta. Just the worst. Probably only thing worth remembering from this game.

Funny I thought the garbage performance eichel put out there was the thing to take away rather than a bad penalty by a guy who won't be here in 40 games.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
G
And still set up the 2nd goal and put us in position for the comeback, until great leader got carried away.

I mentioned that it was a good play by him in the GDT. Other than that, he was awful. Gionta shouldn't be the captain, but nobody expects more than he provides at this point in his career. People expect effort out of Eichel.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
G

I mentioned that it was a good play by him in the GDT. Other than that, he was awful. Gionta shouldn't be the captain, but nobody expects more than he provides at this point in his career. People expect effort out of Eichel.

That's fine. Certainly wasn't Eichel's finest performance. But if what you take way from this game, like said poster described, was an average/not great performance from Eichel, it's pretty clear you have an axe to grind. Players have sub par games. 38 year old captains shouldn't ever be taking that penalty.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
That's fine. Certainly wasn't Eichel's finest performance. But if what you take way from this game, like said poster described, was an average/not great performance from Eichel, it's pretty clear you have an axe to grind. Players have sub par games. 38 year old captains shouldn't ever be taking that penalty.

Right. I have an axe to grind because I said Eichel had a bad game.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Or he puts up regular half ass efforts, but his excellent talent lets him put up points and flash.

Color me crazy for worrying more about our franchise player than an aging vet who doesn't matter now or in the future.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Or he puts up regular half ass efforts, but his excellent talent lets him put up points and flash.

Color me crazy for worrying more about our franchise player than an aging vet who doesn't matter now or in the future.

You're crazy. And I find it even more amusing coming from the guy who freaked out at anyone for criticizing Reinhart early in the season.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I never really got the Eichel is lazy argument from watching, though I do get that he ends up getting too frustrated at times and he ends up not being in the right position because of that.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I never really got the Eichel is lazy argument from watching, though I do get that he ends up getting too frustrated at times and he ends up not being in the right position because of that.

I see the laziness. He floats. If he skated hard all the time he would be unstoppable.

He's young. It's a matter of how often he does it and if he's does it less as times goes by.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I see the laziness. He floats. If he skated hard all the time he would be unstoppable.

He's young. It's a matter of how often he does it and if he's does it less as times goes by.

Yup. He negates his tremendous talent too often. Hopefully he continues to improve his effort. If he actually played hard consistently he would be top 5 in the league.

Last game against philly was a perfect example, he was a beast for most of the games with full effort and physical play.

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
Yup. He negates his tremendous talent too often. Hopefully he continues to improve his effort. If he actually played hard consistently he would be top 5 in the league.

Last game against philly was a perfect example, he was a beast for most of the games with full effort and physical play.

why should he show effort and risk injury when the rest of the team doesn't.

get him a better coach and better players and watch him shine. I would rather have Eich take plays off and not throw himself into situations where he will be injured again in a meaningless season. Murray needs to go, Dan needs to go. we need a whole FO turnover

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

get him a better coach and better players and watch him shine. I would rather have Eich take plays off and not throw himself into situations where he will be injured again in a meaningless season. Murray needs to go, Dan needs to go. we need a whole FO turnover

This is the exact mentality of why orielly us our captain and not eichel. That lone of thought wouldn't go through Ryans mind.

You're a fan speaking for yourself and obviously not the player himself but if that's even remotely the case then we have far bigger problems than we imagined.

That being said I don't think that's the case. Jack wants to do it all himself and will soon realize he cant. For those clamoring for him to be paired with orielly or reinhart...at this point why? Let him learn he can't skate end to end and learn for the last few months to play a team game and that he doesn't have to be the one man show in buffalo.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Strong mentality you got there...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad