GDT: #41 – Sabres at Lightning – Thu Jan 12, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
The penalties, the power play... another division loss to a team directly in front of us. As much as this team sits there and tells the media they need to start winning games they do very little in the ones that matter. Big losses to Boston and Tampa Bay will kill us. Not that it was expected but this is not a playoff team.

At this point they're not even close to being a playoff team.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Ok Boston, Toronto, Philly.

Weird team to hate more than any other
I don't really give a **** about those teams. Tampa Bay fans were the most vocal and obnoxious about Buffalo tanking even though they drafted Stamkos and Hedman. Their fans do nothing but trash Buffalo in their GDTs and it's been that way for over a decade. Their team is just as obnoxious and fake tough. Hedman and Paquette are the two biggest fake tough guys in the entire league.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If anything positive can come from this is maybe eichel and reinhart will get some pk time now

PK didn;t look bad when they were aggressive.

And the refs need to toughen up. Can't handle a guy mad over a bad call. What a bunch of softies.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Start to finish we weren't good enough to win this game. Another big divisional must win game and it's the same story.

I don't know how Bishop can ***** at the refs but Kane gets the extra two minutes for what?

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
I don't really give a **** about those teams. Tampa Bay fans were the most vocal and obnoxious about Buffalo tanking even though they drafted Stamkos and Hedman. Their fans do nothing but trash Buffalo in their GDTs and it's been that way for over a decade. Their team is just as obnoxious and fake tough. Hedman and Paquette are the two biggest fake tough guys in the entire league.

Toronto was the most vocal about the Sabres tanking until they did it... then it was righteous for Matthews.

On topic: maybe if the Sabres worried less about fighting and out hitting their opponents maybe they could string together some wins.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
We needed to do better on the pp but I can't remember the last time I saw a goalie as a victim of a high stick. ****ing clown zebras did a bad job and doubled down to decide the game :shakehead:shakehead

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
the phantom call on Kane to make it 5o3 turned the game.

Was nice to see some fight in the end, wish they played with that urgency a bit earlier...again

Dont see how anyone can knock Kanes effort, thought he played his ass off tonite even with the unfortunate events

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I will say, I was amused listening to the TB broadcast. Anything the Sabres did should've been called a penalty. :laugh:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Team was garbage most of the game. Refs were terrible but if the skaters weren't so putrid they might have overcome it.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
The refs aren't the reason Buffalo lost, but they helped Tampa win. Terrible game by the stripes.

Shake it off and come out swinging tomorrow.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
PK didn;t look bad when they were aggressive.

And the refs need to toughen up. Can't handle a guy mad over a bad call. What a bunch of softies.

Furthermore they let Ben Bishop scream at them for 40 seconds and stand there and take it. Sabre player says a word, bam. Call. Utter trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad