Post-Game Talk: 40 years in the Wilderness: Caps @ Wild 8:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Yet he also had a lot of "best player in the playoffs" hype about him the year before the wheels fell off.

2010 Caps made him and Gorges look like Seabrook and Hjalmarsson out there. The hype came from Habs 2010 run as Hamrlik was very good against both us and Penguins.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Thank God Kuzy is good to go for next game. Also, Leonsis wants to reimburse the Caps fan in attendance yesterday who threw their hats. Nice gesture.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Little perspective. With 29 games remaining we have 40 wins. The last couple Presidents Trophy winners had the following;

2015: Rangers 53 (113pts)
2014: Boston 54 (117pts)
2012: Vancouver 51(111pts)
2011: Vancouver 54 (117pts)
2010: Washington 54 (121pts)

Going 19-10 would give us the top two records since the 09-10 season.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
2010 Caps made him and Gorges look like Seabrook and Hjalmarsson out there. The hype came from Habs 2010 run as Hamrlik was very good against both us and Penguins.

I'm talking about Hamrlik's time with the Capitals. Hamrlik got a lot of praise for the 2012 playoffs, similar to Orpik's praise for these past playoffs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Neither does Koken. He's too busy admiring himself.

Koken is on tv. I can see myself. When I listen to Walton the goals too often come out of a stat or show prep read that he is making and....SCORE!!! Then he compounds that by mentioning so often who the primary assist was and I wait to get home to the box score to see the 2nd assist.

I want him to describe the game. I was a radio station program director and I am picky. I wish he would keep the show prep for stoppages in play

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Koken is on tv. I can see myself. When I listen to Walton the goals too often come out of a stat or show prep read that he is making and....SCORE!!! Then he compounds that by mentioning so often who the primary assist was and I wait to get home to the box score to see the 2nd assist.

I want him to describe the game. I was a radio station program director and I am picky. I wish he would keep the show prep for stoppages in play

To be honest, I don't care. I just dislike Koken enough to make snide comments about him at every chance.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
I'm talking about Hamrlik's time with the Capitals. Hamrlik got a lot of praise for the 2012 playoffs, similar to Orpik's praise for these past playoffs.

IIRC Hamrlik was older in 2012 than Orpik is now - Orpik just turned 35.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

I have no professional knowledge of radio, but I grew up on Ron Weber. I like Walton pretty ok; he's better than what's his name who they had before, but Weber was amazing. I still miss him.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Apparently our magic number to secure a playoff spot is shrinking quickly. It stands at 32 based off of New Jersey's numbers.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

That game sure got out of hand. Caps are trying to play a more composed game this year...ie no unleashing Wilson, Chimera, Latta

Seems lately the Refs have been really giving it to us. Last nights game, the 2 vs Philly, Nashville.

There was the Florida game...but shocker...we didn't have Ovechkin. I wonder how many PPs we would have gotten if he was playing? I doubt it would have been 8.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Wow. Your story and your father's really moved me. A very emotional letter. Your father seems like he was a good man, who was genuinely happy to help those around him. I hope you have a blast when you go back to the Verizon. When you meet Mr. Leonsis, tell him he's an awesome man and an example for others.

When I was 14, we had to do a presentation in my history class on a modern self-made man. Being a good Caps fan, I naturally picked Mr. Leonsis. He didn't inherit a fortune, he built his own empire.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Awesome letter.

thanks. :) I miss him all the time.

Wow. Your story and your father's really moved me. A very emotional letter. Your father seems like he was a good man, who was genuinely happy to help those around him. I hope you have a blast when you go back to the Verizon. When you meet Mr. Leonsis, tell him he's an awesome man and an example for others.

When I was 14, we had to do a presentation in my history class on a modern self-made man. Being a good Caps fan, I naturally picked Mr. Leonsis. He didn't inherit a fortune, he built his own empire.

Thanks. Yeah. Like 500 people showed up for my dad's funeral. We had told the funeral home director that it would be a huge crowd, and they were like, yeah yeah... I'm sure they hear it a lot. So when the day came, they were totally stunned. They had people standing out front in the snow 'cause they couldn't get in. There were 2 or 3 packed overflow rooms and a huge crowd in the foyer. They piped the audio all over the building and even out to the driveway. It was nuts.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
thanks. :) I miss him all the time.

Thanks. Yeah. Like 500 people showed up for my dad's funeral. We had told the funeral home director that it would be a huge crowd, and they were like, yeah yeah... I'm sure they hear it a lot. So when the day came, they were totally stunned. They had people standing out front in the snow 'cause they couldn't get in. There were 2 or 3 packed overflow rooms and a huge crowd in the foyer. They piped the audio all over the building and even out to the driveway. It was nuts.

At least he influenced many people's lives, your family can take pride in that.
How often do you attend Caps games in DC? I know you leave in California, which means you probably go to see them either in LA, SJ or Anaheim most of the time.

I've never been in DC myself, I attend Caps games when they come in Montreal only. DC isn't that far, there's a shuttle that goes there everyday and it's not too expensive. When I get a job this summer, I'll save some money to visit Washington and see a Caps game at the Verizon.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
At least he influenced many people's lives, your family can take pride in that.
How often do you attend Caps games in DC? I know you leave in California, which means you probably go to see them either in LA, SJ or Anaheim most of the time.

I've never been in DC myself, I attend Caps games when they come in Montreal only. DC isn't that far, there's a shuttle that goes there everyday and it's not too expensive. When I get a job this summer, I'll save some money to visit Washington and see a Caps game at the Verizon.

I go home 3 or 4 times a year. My family still owns dad's tix so I go every time I'm home during the hockey season.

I do also try to go when the Caps are in San Jose.

If you ever decide to go to DC for a game, let me know. Our family seats are GOAT so maybe I can help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad