Speculation: 40 Goals and 100 Points

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Maybe.

If he is with CC all year then sure I can see him at 70+. If CC winds up with Dach? Different story.

I think Suzuki’s a solid two way player. Offensively, I don’t see him as the straw that stirs the drink. I realize that’s not necessarily a popular opinion around here but it’s just how I see it.
Dach is not ready to replace Suzuki as 1st line center. If everything goes well, he will be, but not this season. So I assume CC- Suszuki stay together and if we can add healthy Matheson, points will come.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Suzuki is at best an 80 point player. The Habs have no one in the system currently who could someday put up 100 points.
The reality is we don't have nearly the offense to support a 100 point player we aren't even close. Both Suzuki and Caufield took decent steps by improving on their number of multi-point games last season. I think the can do evevn better this year. Looking at all the top producers and they all have one thing in common they feast when there is feasting to be had. We don't lay the table for too many all you can eat buffets in a given season. Heck we struggle to set up for 8 wings. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tyson

Jul 6, 2016
Last Stanley Cup win - 1993. Getting to the finals was nice, but they never raised a banner for that and never carried that momentum into the next season, finishing last. They rarely had the talent in the last 3 decades to challenge for a Cup.

The 1993 season they had 4 players who had 80 points or more and 3 players that had 37 goals or more. Obviously having one of the best goalies of all time helped, but as Price showed it takes more than top goaltending to win a Cup.
Back then, in the 90's, most teams had high offensive output and many 30+ goals scorers.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dach is not ready to replace Suzuki as 1st line center. If everything goes well, he will be, but not this season. So I assume CC- Suszuki stay together and if we can add healthy Matheson, points will come.
Dach was probably our most consistent forward in the preseason. It wouldn’t surprise me if he emerges as our best Center this season. I don’t expect it to happen but it’s possible.

Personally I’d rather him with CC just due to the size issue. Either way I think CC will score regardless of whether Dach or Nicknis his center. He’s not the two way player that either of those guys are but he’s an emerging star on offense. Definitely THE guy in terms of offense on our team right now.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is this the year we finally have a 40 goal scorer? I doubt we have anyone in this organization that can eclipse 100 points.
Last 40 goal scorer- 1994
Last 100 point scorer- 1986
Hard to believe we have been this starved for star players for this long.

I'm glad I like Reinbacher so much, because I still would have liked to have seen Michkov score 100 points and pass the puck around on the pp, and 5 on 5, with Hutson, Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, etc...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't think we'll see 100 in our lifetime but I have some hope for Caufield getting 40 and Suzuki sneaking to 80.

Reactions: selteeck

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Back then, in the 90's, most teams had high offensive output and many 30+ goals scorers.

Sure that era did (92-93 had 45 - 35 goal scorers compared to 38 - 35 goal scorers last season), but it doesn’t change the fact the Habs have lacked forwards over the last 3 decades that can put up a high amount of goals and/or points and, also, do not have a Stanley Cup in that timeframe.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Sure that era did (92-93 had 45 - 35 goal scorers compared to 38 - 35 goal scorers last season), but it doesn’t change the fact the Habs have lacked forwards over the last 3 decades that can put up a high amount of goals and/or points and, also, do not have a Stanley Cup in that timeframe.
Pacioretty was 4th for goals in the 2013-2014 season, 7th in 2014-2015 and 9th in 2016-2017. The team lacked an actual first line center for him during his prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad