Post-Game Talk: #40 | FLYERS (H) vs. Bruins (A) | Saturday, Apr. 10, 2021 | Flyers win 3-2

HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
What the heck got into TK today? He looked awesome. We should get opposing teams to sucker punch him every game. Tell the other team that TK was talking crap about their mothers.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
A little late but nonetheless part of the ritual...

Three stars:
  1. Konecny
  2. Elliott
  3. Couturier
41W432XGgSL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

QOWvnhM.gif

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
What the heck got into TK today? He looked awesome. We should get opposing teams to sucker punch him every game. Tell the other team that TK was talking crap about their mothers.

Steve Coates made a point a few days ago that it is good to be a player who trash talks and gets under the skin if that is the player's DNA and he is playing well. He said Konecny for a while was just trash talking and that doesn't serve a purpose. I think Konecny has been playing better and perhaps others noticed that one without the other is counter intuitive.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Brick also made the comment that the Bruins have “owned” the Flyers this year. Objectively speaking, outside of one game, I think the series has been much tighter than the record states. Most of the losses have been the result of some 3rd period breakdowns.

Oddly the only teams with decisive records against the Flyers this season are Washington (1-3-0) and Boston (2-4-2) but if taken from the Bruins' perspective they are 6-1-1 against the Flyers. It is the quirkiness of the 3-point games and how records can look vastly different.

I will say that Brickley has a history of praising Bobby Clarke as a former teammate and certainly Mr. Snider -- like most Flyers who played for the team -- because of assistance around the time he was traded to Pittsburgh.

Also, Edwards, I am told the other night used the "brothers from another mother" or something similar to describe the two franchises. I know he used a similar line directly after the Boston Marathon bombing when Flyers' fans donated a large portion of money to the fund.

Just a couple of asides.

Last edited:

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Man, you guys are miserable people.

Ha! I can only speak for myself. I am normally a pretty positive person, and I was all-in this year, even when things started to go south.

They lost me at the 9-0, then 8-3 loss to the Rangers. That kind of tuned me out - it's like the season was basically over after that stretch.

But come the offseason, I'll be sucked right back in. Heck, maybe even a 2 game winning streak will bring me back lol.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Oddly the only teams with decisive records against the Flyers this season are Washington (1-3-0) and Boston (2-4-2) but if taken from the Bruins' perspective they are 6-1-1 against the Flyers. It is the quirkiness of the 3-point games and how records can look vastly different.

I will say that Brickley has a history of praising Bobby Clarke as a former teammate and certainly Mr. Snider -- like most Flyers who played for the team -- because of assistance around the time he was traded to Pittsburgh.

Also, Edwards, I am told the other night used the "brothers from another mother" or something similar to describe the two franchises. I know he used a similar line directly after the Boston Marathon bombing when Flyers' fans donated a large portion of money to the fund.

Just a couple of asides.

thanks for that. Nice to know. You sir, are a wealth of knowledge

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Gritty character win for the boys

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Morin need to step up. Big man. Your positioning on this second goal. There is a goalie in front of the net. Even if you are at 6.6. you don't need to be there.
Hart is only 4 inch smaller than you.

All this team need to step up.
Overall defense and control of the puck was good. I like the possession time of this game.
And awareness.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Miss Kitty is drinkin' and is pleased.

Rf189bd44a661fa056034db456c20bed7

Have to say, liked some of this show but the character idea behind Chester was hard to get over. Not only was he kind of an annoying character to begin with, the physical lameness the creators of the show decided to give him, just to make him even more “pathetic” compared to/and dependent on big Marshal Dillon was just too much. On a similar note, John Wayne apparently didn’t want James Arness anywhere near the big screen because he was the only guy who could make him look relatively short.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Have to say, liked some of this show but the character idea behind Chester was hard to get over. Not only was he kind of an annoying character to begin with, the physical lameness the creators of the show decided to give him, just to make him even more “pathetic” compared to/and dependent on big Marshal Dillon was just too much. On a similar note, John Wayne apparently didn’t want James Arness anywhere near the big screen because he was the only guy who could make him look relatively short.

A favorite episode of the Twilight Zone is "The Grave" with Lee Marvin and Lee Van Cleef. A little known actress played a very dark role and stole the show. Worth watching if you come across it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad