Post-Game Talk: #40 | FLYERS (H) vs. Bruins (A) | Saturday, Apr. 10, 2021 | Flyers win 3-2

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Sorry, no draft picks for us. Chuck is a buyer now that our odds of making the playoffs went from none to slim.

Fletcher:
iu

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
They played with a lot more life today and portions of this game were fun to watch. I missed a portion of the first but from what I saw Ghost had another great game -- his goal is set up not just because of TK and the give-and-go at the offensive blueline, but because Ghost made a guy miss near the other blue line and carved right through the NZ. The defensemen were clearly not allowed to skate it out of their own end for most of the year but the reins have been loosened of late (or Ghost just said 'f*** it, let's be legends, mate!').
:hockey:

But (and yes, this will sound whiny, but at least it's after a win) the refereeing is really pushing me away this year. Not fun trying to beat two teams every night. Not fun at all.

Can't be. I read online that the refs gave the game to the Flyers with that intentional offside call.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Jim Jackson is a great play by play guy but hes seemed to not so subtly insert his opinions into the broadcast more and more. The way he and Jonesy rag on some guys and run with certain narratives is super unprofessional imo
It's incredibly obvious with certain players.

Just look at today. TK scores a goal and the only thing they talk about is Hagg's shot on net, which was just a run of the mill shot that happened to bounce to a good spot. Anyone thinking he's accurate enough to have done that intentionally is lying to themselves.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
On one hand, we beat the Bruins in regulation! On the other hand, they were playing with a third string goalie and no Dmen.

If they win tomorrow, I’ll be a little excited.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Brick at the end of the painful NESN broadcast today.
“The Flyers are not a playoff team.”

Agreed. But what does that make the Bruins? They’ll be gone in the 1st round.

Reactions: BernieParent

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I wonder if jack edwards saw that!

even if he did, him and that geriatric side kick of his would just stay silent. No bigger homers in the league. May have to watch Philly’s comeback game 7 in 2010-11 just to have some fun listening to them cry.

Reactions: Jettany

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Did he mean it as his opinion, or where they sit right now in the standings?

Quite sure he meant their current roster makeup. I don’t think anyone is dumb enough to think Philly makes the playoffs now after their recent stretch.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Just a classless thing to say IMO.

Brick also made the comment that the Bruins have “owned” the Flyers this year. Objectively speaking, outside of one game, I think the series has been much tighter than the record states. Most of the losses have been the result of some 3rd period breakdowns.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Brick also made the comment that the Bruins have “owned” the Flyers this year. Objectively speaking, outside of one game, I think the series has been much tighter than the record states. Most of the losses have been the result of some 3rd period breakdowns.
Sounds like he was pissed about the loss.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad