GDT: #40 - 01/13/15 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG (MOD POST #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidic15*

Glad we didn't chose to **** the bed against a team like the Oilers. This one will hurt. Get back on track Thursday.

Alvalanker*

ok so Step is injured...let's see what Lindberg or whoever comes up can do.. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle. Happens all the time.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
If there are any fans who have no right to say that, it's us.

This team didn't win a division for 48 years straight.

Yeah, but when the Rangers screwed the pooch, we remained with them through thick and thin. Islanders?

Wonder what other excuse they pull out of their collective ***** that the team still doesn't have as much fan interest in Brooklyn. Probably that the team is in Brooklyn.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Tale of two periods. The Islanders played our game in the 1st, both sides kept the ice open and we got a few odd man rushes and almost scored. 2nd period, Isles give no space and shut down our zone, and we're cooked. NO SIZE and NOT ENOUGH BALLS are our problems in these situations. We only play one half of the game. That's why when we roll, we look brilliant and when things get tight, we play **** like this.

The Isles were just lucky. Three posts on the same play. Down 1-0 changes the game.

Rangers looked tired. It happens. It wont get easier.

If the Rangers can come out of this stretch .500 its perfectly fine.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
I find it interesting how the Isles play that 1-3-1 that Tampa used to play. Wasnt that proven to not be very effective come playoffs time. Its basically a variant of a trap. Theyre a good counter team off of it, but I cannot see it working in the playoffs.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Annoying that a bad 20 mins decided this one, hopefully they can bounce back against the Bruins.

Yet another game where I'd like to see more from Kreider. With his size and speed it seemed tailor made for him to get in on the forecheck like Miller has been (who's been very good outside of that terrible behind-the-back pass) but CK has just seemed to drift along

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
If Stepan is out for any extended period of time, we are ****ed good. It will completely throw the lines off again and we're right back to where we were in the fall. Only difference is that Dman pairings stay in place.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
1st was an excellent period for the Rangers and the 3rd has been pretty much mailed in.

That 2nd period is maybe the worst I've ever seen the Rangers play.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
The Isles were just lucky. Three posts on the same play. Down 1-0 changes the game.

Rangers looked tired. It happens. It wont get easier.

If the Rangers can come out of this stretch .500 its perfectly fine.

I agree, it's been as much the Isles as it has been bad puck luck. Nothing saps the energy and confidence from a team faster than frustration and doing the right things but getting the wrong results. I'm no less confident in this team after this game.

Alvalanker*

If Stepan is out for any extended period of time, we are ****ed good. It will completely throw the lines off again and we're right back to where we were in the fall. Only difference is that Dman pairings stay in place.

Stepan was already out like 10 games this year and we were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad