GDT: #40 - 01/13/15 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG (MOD POST #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I can't wait to get to the gym tonight after this.

18236_o.gif

What's a "gym?"

Joke doesn't work well typed, I guess...

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I have a client sitting in my seats for this game... :laugh:

I guess I can kiss that business goodbye.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Not acceptable to completely stop playing for an entire period of a game.

Those that sat through and paid $200 a pop to be at this duck fest need to let this team hear it. I'd be livid if I spent that much to go to the game and see that kind of effort.

Last game I went to was the 5-1 drubbing by Tampa. Decided I'd save my money since then.

Please be ok Derek

Jan 8, 2012
NY
This isnt that big of a deal to me. Were not even halfway through our season yet. 7 points is not that much to make up. The Isles were geared up for this game and we came off a long west coast trip. Settle back in and start another streak on Thrusday.

I was all riled up and angry after the second period, but I've since calmed down and this is basically my thought process now. And this was the most important game to the islanders since ever (not including their 5 playoff games in 20 years). Its just 1 loss out of an 82 game season. Learn from it and move on.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
These games are always so dangerous. The other team thinks its a big rivalry and they want respect. They come out swinging and have a chip on their shoulder. To us, its just another game that we need to win. We don't match their intensity for one period, and then boom, its 3-0.

Tale of two periods. The Islanders played our game in the 1st, both sides kept the ice open and we got a few odd man rushes and almost scored. 2nd period, Isles give no space and shut down our zone, and we're cooked. NO SIZE and NOT ENOUGH BALLS are our problems in these situations. We only play one half of the game. That's why when we roll, we look brilliant and when things get tight, we play **** like this.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, no.

Sometimes you just get outplayed, regardless of any imaginary complacency

It's very possible that teams get complacent. They're human. They're an excellent team but I don't think the Islanders are this much better than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad