GDT: #40 – Sabres at Jets – Tue Apr 9 – 8:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm so ****ing sick of this team, ennis with a half assed attempt to make a play, myers can't even keep up with wheeler, porter and stafford on the ice on the pp and goalie pulled ..I'm so embarrassed for this team right now

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I can't stand Winnipeg's fan base. They're so obnoxious. I admire the passion, but as an opposing fan watching on T.V. :rant:

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I can't stand Winnipeg's fan base. They're so obnoxious. I admire the passion, but as an opposing fan watching on T.V. :rant:

Ya, they get a free pass from me for cheering Teemu every shift, and making him(and me) blush.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I feel sorry for the fans. They were first class, and now they're reduced to Giggy complaining. Sad.

The rest of the team's play has reduced that team. JS has a point about poor professionalism as it shows in their position in the standings.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

I completely understand this. :laugh: I absolutely hate Habs fans, while realizing at the same time that I'm fuming at the tv that we do the same thing (minus that disgusting Ole song that is).

I was at the game and was facepalming when some of the others started the Silver Medal chant, especially seeing as.....we just lost the gold medal game in the women's game and ended up with a silver medal ourselves. :laugh:

Anyway, don't take us too seriously, we're really having a lot of fun and don't actually mean anything by any of it.

Quick question, what happened to your owner's big plan to make a championship team? I could have sworn he said that he was going to do that and now the Sabres have traded away a bunch of good players. :( I was happy when your new owner took over and stated that because Buffalo is one of the few teams in that area I don't mind and I've always been a big fan of Vanek. Is there a new plan in place?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I completely understand this. :laugh: I absolutely hate Habs fans, while realizing at the same time that I'm fuming at the tv that we do the same thing (minus that disgusting Ole song that is).

I was at the game and was facepalming when some of the others started the Silver Medal chant, especially seeing as.....we just lost the gold medal game in the women's game and ended up with a silver medal ourselves. :laugh:

Anyway, don't take us too seriously, we're really having a lot of fun and don't actually mean anything by any of it.

Quick question, what happened to your owner's big plan to make a championship team? I could have sworn he said that he was going to do that and now the Sabres have traded away a bunch of good players. :( I was happy when your new owner took over and stated that because Buffalo is one of the few teams in that area I don't mind and I've always been a big fan of Vanek. Is there a new plan in place?

You're suppose to be ***** to the opposing team....thats what fans do ... in Buffalo...we're ***** to our own players.. :laugh: No reason to apologize ... I'm envious of the Winnipeg environment.

As for the new plan? .. Its rebuild time... they gave it a shot but after a season and a half of disappointment..they've changed the direction of the ship....

I think Vanek is still in the plans but...it will ultimatlely rest in his hands if he wants to be part of it or not... My personal opinion is that he'll be dealt by next trade deadline.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

Basically, they came out at the trade deadline, said their plan failed, and are now starting over. Most believe Vanek and/or Miller will be traded at the draft. Vanek has mentioned that he doesn't really want to stick around if the rebuild takes more than a year.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
You're suppose to be ***** to the opposing team....thats what fans do ... in Buffalo...we're ***** to our own players.. :laugh: No reason to apologize ... I'm envious of the Winnipeg environment.

As for the new plan? .. Its rebuild time... they gave it a shot but after a season and a half of disappointment..they've changed the direction of the ship....

I think Vanek is still in the plans but...it will ultimatlely rest in his hands if he wants to be part of it or not... My personal opinion is that he'll be dealt by next trade deadline.

Basically, they came out at the trade deadline, said their plan failed, and are now starting over. Most believe Vanek and/or Miller will be traded at the draft. Vanek has mentioned that he doesn't really want to stick around if the rebuild takes more than a year.

Ugh, that sucks. I really hope Vanek doesn't end up with a team I despise. :(

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Sabres post-game audio

Sabres-bench-April-9-2013-300x200.jpg

Sabres: Coach Rolston, Thomas Vanek and Christian Ehrhoff.

To listen click here.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

I wish our crowd was half as exuberant as yours.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
And I wish the ones who complain about the noise level of games, buy tickets, go to games and try changing the noise level.

It's my Constitutional right to be able to complain about the noise level :sarcasm:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I think I'm going to buy a ticket....Then go to a game with a bag over my head, and fall asleep in the seat.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

This post makes me think that you believe buffalo fans are harder on their players than other cities. Or we are the only fan base to boo. I don't agree. Correct me if I'm deducing wrong.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg

Winnipeg fans are so incredibly irritating. Its not the noise factor, its the constant yelling of "MIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER" from every random drunk moron in the building.

Then they start with these "silver medal" chants because they think they are so clever. Great chant except for the fact that the guy was the best player in the tournament and carried his team. Its a great accomplishment that I'm sure he is proud of. In addition, its not like any Jet is in possession of a gold medal.

Buffalo has laid an egg the last three times they've been here though and I've been in the building for every occasion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad