Post-Game Talk: #4| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | June 19th | 8:00 PM | F/W 3-2

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Isn’t a must win. It would be very good of them to win tonight. But if there is any Islanders team I’ve seen in the last 25 years that can win 3 in a row on the brink of elimination, it is this one. Team is very resilient and has experience and has won 3 straight twice already this year alone. Might feel like a must win but it isn’t until it is. One game at a time.

I understand your point and you are correct it is not a Must game but against TB and the odds it seems that way. How much gas Is there in the tank to keep struggling to win coming back from behind and TB's offense is much better than Pittsburgh and Boston. Boston's defense was hurting because of injuries. Keep asking. I say a Must win tonight but not mathematically. Having to beat TB 3 in a row in their barn twice, I can't see that happening, sorry. I am cheering for your team.

Go Islanders

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I understand your point and you are correct it is not a Must game but against TB and the odds it seems that way. How much gas Is there in the tank to keep struggling to win coming back from behind and TB's offense is much better than Pittsburgh and Boston. Boston's defense was hurting because of injuries. Keep asking. I say a Must win tonight but not mathematically. Having to beat TB 3 in a row in their barn twice, I can't see that happening, sorry. I am cheering for your team.

Go Islanders
Even if unlikely, I 100% can see it happening. Like I said, if any team could do it this one can. They have already won 3 in a row twice this playoffs. It would be a bit more pressure this time, but still I give it better then the traditional odds. LGI

Reactions: Maine Fan

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Need to win this one. We played good defensively last game got nothing going offensively. Let’s attack and pot some goals!!!

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Even if unlikely, I 100% can see it happening. Like I said, if any team could do it this one can. They have already won 3 in a row twice this playoffs. It would be a bit more pressure this time, but still I give it better then the traditional odds. LGI
This is, realistically, a must win.

Reactions: Instant

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Move Palmieri to the 1st line and slot in Wahlstrom for his spot. Komarov is a 5 goal scorer and Palmieri is a 25 goal scorer. This is a no-brainer.

Komarov potted 1 whopping goal in 30+ contests this season. Calling him a 5 goal scorer at this stage of his career is super generous. In fact, if he scores another 5 goals in his career i'd be shocked.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Can Leddy unf*** himself for tonight’s game?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I think Trotz has been out coached, there doesn’t seem to be any plan other than to “ stay out of the box”. The team seems to be tentative and afraid to be physical like in the Bos and Pitt series.Definitely not the Islanders hockey that got them here.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think Trotz has been out coached, there doesn’t seem to be any plan other than to “ stay out of the box”. The team seems to be tentative and afraid to be physical like in the Bos and Pitt series.Definitely not the Islanders hockey that got them here.
Out coached? How? What adjustments is Tampa Bay making that are so great?

Reactions: IslesRock4

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Well...truly believe Trotz needs to throw Tampa a curve ball in some way shape or form...i do not believe status quo will be enough to win this series.

Reactions: buud

Incarnadine Sea

Mar 4, 2011
Long Island
It’s so thick it got the isles to the ECF.,.

But there can be more than one solution to the problem. The problem being Islanders lack of scoring against Tampa.

However, often times one problem may be solved but it creates several new problems. Trotz is weighing everything. Too many posters are solely focused on one aspect of the game - the scoring.

As an aside, I fundamentally oppose the posts that side with Trotz 100% of the time. He is human and is not perfect. I believe it's always possible to make improvements. On the other hand, Trotz is the greatest coach I've ever seen in person and I have to trust that if he is steadfast in his decision, there must be a damn good reason.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-tampa-bay.gif

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
I got my new hat to wear tonight and the last time I did that was in 1980, so hopefully we can start another run of cups. LGI!

Reactions: Lek

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
If I'm Malkin and Ledecky...Imma not gonna move the team until they win the cup! That should be motivation!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad