GDT: #4: Pittsburgh Penguins at Florida Panthers | 10/11 7:30 PM ET | BB&T Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Sid blew tonight and this thread is full of nothing but excuses for him. But yeah, let's lynch Dupuis and Kunitz.

No, Sid was bad tonight, people are taking exception to the notion that he's been horrible the entire season.

Also, it's possible for Sid to be bad AND (ANDNNNNNND) for Kunitz and Dupuis to simultaneously be bad.

For my money, I'd rather have Sid, because his bad games are few-and-far between. Not so much for the other two.

But, hey, you were just complaining about how nauseating this place was after a loss, may as well throw some strawmen out there

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The Vitale penalty to put us down 2 men was the turning point. They scored 2 PP goals off it and never looked back.

I wonder what they do with Zatkoff now? Keep him up and give him another start? Or send him down and bring up the next victim?

SV1

Apr 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Brutal.

Zatkoff stinks. First game nerves granted, but he just doesn't look like an NHL-calibre goalie. With Vokoun's status going forward so uncertain, Shero needs to go and get something resembling an NHL-calibre goalie.

Heaven help us if MAF goes into meltdown mode.

On the plus side, Maatta is awesome. So of course he'll get sent back to London.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If you blame the refs for this you are nuts. This was just a piss poor defensive effort along with a goalie that looked wayyy over his head.

No one would argue that, but the refs definitely missed calls that would have given the Penguins more PPs. Specifically, Bennett got interfered with on multiple occasions and nothing was called.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
First sign of adversity this season and Sid loses his cool. Not surprised. Kind of a thing for him. People will make excuses and chalk it up to leadership or whatever, but it's something he has to deal with better or it's going to happen in the playoffs for the 3rd straight season.

he had a bad game. nobody is disputing that. the difference between him and his linemates is that he hasn't sucked in every single other game this year like they have.

no, his penalty was not ok. however, returning the favor after his teammate gets decked shouldn't have to be his job. if he's the one who has to hit someone back after his teammate gets leveled, that team is full of pansies. no offense to Crosby, but he's not the one you should have to worry about hitting you when you hit a Pens player.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Does anyone have a feed for the postgame show?

you really want to watch that garbage, here how it started:'
King: cliche 1: Well, No one expected that the Penguins will go 82-0 for season
Jay: cliche 2: Well Pens run into a "desperate team"

holy crap how these blah personalities get these jobs...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Good news is Philly and Carolina lost, and the Blackhawks are currently beating the Islanders.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Brutal.

Zatkoff stinks. First game nerves granted, but he just doesn't look like an NHL-calibre goalie. With Vokoun's status going forward so uncertain, Shero needs to go and get something resembling an NHL-calibre goalie.

Heaven help us if MAF goes into meltdown mode.

On the plus side, Maatta is awesome. So of course he'll get sent back to London.

Yes . . . :cry:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Zatkoff could've been better, but the Panthers played great and the Penguins were so so. I hope he gets a few more starts and gets settled in a bit. Moreover I hope Fleury's turnaround is legit and the backup isn't an issue.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
The pens were in such a disarray today. Zatkoff was a mess but the team didn't do much to help him out.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
you really want to watch that garbage, here how it started:'
King: cliche 1: Well, No one expected that the Penguins will go 82-0 for season
Jay: cliche 2: Well Pens run into a "desperate team"

holy crap how these blah personalities get these jobs...

:laugh: I suppose you're right.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And its one game from Zatkoff. How about we give him a bit of time before we throw him under the bus.

Actually, I prefer to throw him under the bus. He's got plenty of company tonight . . . pretty much anyone NOT named Malkin, Bennett, Glass, Adams, or Maatta.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Zatkoff could've been better, but the Panthers played great and the Penguins were so so. I hope he gets a few more starts and gets settled in a bit. Moreover I hope Fleury's turnaround is legit and the backup isn't an issue.

Agreed on the team play. It was our usual come out flying then play lukewarm for an extended period after. Usually there's an uptick in intensity in the third but tonight the team completely went 'blah' after the first period.

Zatkoff will probably settle, but he's still kind of slow laterally and gives the top of the net so....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Actually, I prefer to throw him under the bus. He's got plenty of company tonight . . . pretty much anyone NOT named Malkin, Bennett, Glass, Adams, or Maatta.

Martin was fine. Jokinen wasn't an abject failure. Bortuzzo is good.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
We just traded up to draft Tristan Jarry in the 2nd round...I've seen Pens fans on the trade board proposing we go after Fucale. I don't think we need to be pursuing a monopoly on unproven recently-drafted 2nd round goalies when we just need a damn back-up.

Gibson is NHL ready. He is in the same position in Ana that many of our D prospects are here....nowhere to go. You guys all act like a 20 year old is 3 years away from playing or helping us this year, simply because he is a goalie. News flash, plenty of goalies have played in the NHL at 20 and have done well. I still also think he is a better option right now, than Hartzell or Zatkoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad