GDT: #4: Pittsburgh Penguins at Florida Panthers | 10/11 7:30 PM ET | BB&T Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't mind that penalty by Sid much.

Don't get why Malkin isn't out on the pk with us down 2 and a minute and a half left though. Errey is 100% right about that complaint.

Malkin might make a play, which might lead to someone asking why he hasn't killed a penalty in the last three years.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
First sign of adversity this season and Sid loses his cool. Not surprised. Kind of a thing for him. People will make excuses and chalk it up to leadership or whatever, but it's something he has to deal with better or it's going to happen in the playoffs for the 3rd straight season.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
1) Why is Crosby the one who sticks up for his teammates, but Crosby and Malkin could get axed and no one would bat an eye lash

2) Was Dan even interested in winning? Glass and Adams? I realize you're on the PK, but, ya know, maybe Bennett and Malkin? I dunno? #FastestTo200?

This.

Sid blew tonight and this thread is full of nothing but excuses for him. But yeah, let's lynch Dupuis and Kunitz.

I haven't seen anyone make excuses for him. He was bad tonight, but Dupuis and Kunitz have been ****ing terrible every single game this season.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sid blew tonight and this thread is full of nothing but excuses for him. But yeah, let's lynch Dupuis and Kunitz.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. Sid can suck. And Kunitz and Dupuis can suck. This was Sid's first bad game of the season.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I dunno about blew. He had a pretty damned nice assist on Dupuis' goal.

I thought we looked alright. We got no goaltending, and despite getting a ton of zone time and chances the refs put away the whistles and refused to call any Panther's penalties. We deserved a few PP's imo, but oh well.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
Good to see full-on panic mode has ensued on this board already :laugh:

Zatkoff and most of the rest of the Pens looked like **** tonight. where are the people saying the season's over? where are the bridge jumpers? i don't see too much overreaction. i see a lot of complaining (from me included), but that game was a stinker. it's not quite "TRADE/FIRE EVERYONE" mode yet. :p:

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
I appreciate how quickly this board went from heaping praise on the revitalized system to abject disgust at everyone from Crosby to the water boy

That's hockey fans for you....

Bad game. It's always been a trend with this team to lay a stinker in the first game of back to back nights. Good news is they usually play really well the second game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Maatta with 13 minutes of ice time in the last 40. Pretty sure he was at a 20 minute pace the last half of the game.

Sadly, he lost his 'hasn't been out for a goal against' streak due to the Kunitz TO on the first goal against.

By my count, the only Pens who haven't been on the ice for a goal against all year are Malkin and Jokinen (Glass and Adams actually also haven't been out for a ES goal against).

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
It was a crappy game. Nobody got hurt, it was outside the division. Maatta continued to look strong, Crosby and Malkin got a point. We established that Jeff Zatkoff is probably not our goalie of the future. October loss. On to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad