NCAA GDT: #4 Oklahoma vs. #1 LSU

Who wins the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The scary thing is how bad this poor guy will look on that inept Bengals team next year. It shows you how even the worst NFL defense is better than every all start NCAA D put on the same field

Reactions: Tryamw

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The scary thing is how bad this poor guy will look on that inept Bengals team next year. It shows you how even the worst NFL defense is better than every all start NCAA D put on the same field
They could definitely be competitive with healthy Green.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
This game is just going to be exhibit A in the committees decision to stay with a 4 team playoff.

Too many blowouts since the playoffs started.
This is exhibit A why the Big 12 shouldn't be considered for the playoff.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
This is exhibit A why the Big 12 shouldn't be considered for the playoff.
After this beatdown I could see a 2 loss SEC team getting in over a 1 loss Big 12 or Pac 12 team next year, and rightfully so. Alabama, Georgia, Florida and even Auburn all would have been better options. The tears will be funny.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This game is just going to be exhibit A in the committees decision to stay with a 4 team playoff.

Too many blowouts since the playoffs started.

Indeed, and its always the "weakest" team that gets in who gets stomped.

College football is like the NBA. Theres good teams but only a handful of legit contenders.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After this beatdown I could see a 2 loss SEC team getting in over a 1 loss Big 12 or Pac 12 team next year, and rightfully so. Alabama, Georgia, Florida and even Auburn all would have been better options. The tears will be funny.

I've always been of the opinion that they won't let a 2-loss team in unless they have to, but most seasons are different from one to the next. You'd probably need a season where there's no undefeateds.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I've always been of the opinion that they won't let a 2-loss team in unless they have to, but most seasons are different from one to the next. You'd probably need a season where there's no undefeateds.
They need to stop comparing records altogether, but I realize that will never happen.

I'd take BCS like computer(s) determining the playoff teams over the farce of a committee mostly concerned about optics.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They need to stop comparing records altogether, but I realize that will never happen.

I'd take BCS like computer(s) determining the playoff teams over the farce of a committee mostly concerned about optics.
Supposedly when they meet each week, they're in there watching film of the games.

lol

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
LOL. Why up 35 are you going for that and not kicking the FG? We might have some bad blood here soon

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I love it when a blue blood gets boat raced in a semifinal. Keep telling us that G5 teams don't deserve a spot because they'll get blown out. Why is it acceptable to see a Oklahoma, Notre Dame or any other P5 get stomped but UCF, Memphis or Boise can't get a chance?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I love it when a blue blood gets boat raced in a semifinal. Keep telling us that G5 teams don't deserve a spot because they'll get blown out. Why is it acceptable to see a Oklahoma, Notre Dame or any other P5 get stomped but UCF, Memphis or Boise can't get a chance?
If Memphis wants a chance, they can't give up 53 to Penn State

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Memphis wants a chance, they can't give up 53 to Penn State

And they scored 39, there's a good chance Oklahoma doesn't score that much nor give up less than 53. Also it's highly likely that if Memphis had made the playoffs their coach would've coached the game which definitely affects a team when they leave before these games.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Because those teams simply aren't good enough. We want less playoff blowouts, not more. Adding G5 teams that play even worse schedules than teams like Clemson is not the answer.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
And they scored 39, there's a good chance Oklahoma doesn't score that much nor give up less than 53. Also it's highly likely that if Memphis had made the playoffs their coach would've coached the game which definitely affects a team when they leave before these games.
Yeah so the answer is to give teams no one cares about a chance to get blown out even worse than Oklahoma on the national stage. :huh:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Because those teams simply aren't good enough. We want less playoff blowouts, not more. Adding G5 teams that play even worse schedules than teams like Clemson is not the answer.

When has a G5 team been blown out in any of the New Years 6 games? They are 4-3 against P5 teams in those games and the biggest loss is this year's Memphis game, which was a one score game the whole way. The top G5 schools are good enough, it's people like you who fail to see that who are the problem.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah so the answer is to give teams no one cares about a chance to get blown out even worse than Oklahoma on the national stage. :huh:

Why does it matter if people care about the team playing? It's who's most deserving and if you are an undefeated G5 school getting left out for a 1 or 2 loss P5 one because of name recognition that's just not right.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

We've been through all of this before. If they want to get in, they've gotta keep scheduling good teams and beat them and get these prime time games that get the eyes. I know UCF scheduled Stanford this year, and it's not in their control that Stanford was down, just as it's not Boise's fault that Florida State was down, but they gotta figure out how to get better teams to play them or figure out how to get in a better conference, because they do get to the NY6 and show they belong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad