• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Another one. Obvious targeting. Gotta get that one correct on the field

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is still such a stupid rule possibly deciding a major game like this on something like that. The NFL doesn’t eject for that

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
This is still such a stupid rule possibly deciding a major game like this on something like that. The NFL doesn’t eject for that
The NFL is going to eventually do the same thing if they haven't already.

That was a clear targeting penalty and easy ejection decision for the refs according to the college rules.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I have so many mixed feelings on that rule for ejecting a player for targeting. I get it, you want to take Targeting out of the game and that's a good thing for safety. Still, in a big game like this maybe there wasn't malicious intent.

Would it make sense that instead of permanent ejection, they would have something like a Power Play, meaning the player who did the targeting has to sit out the next two or 3 times his line is out (usually the defense). It would mean the defense loses the player but can get him back later in the game.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I have so many mixed feelings on that rule for ejecting a player for targeting. I get it, you want to take Targeting out of the game and that's a good thing for safety. Still, in a big game like this maybe there wasn't malicious intent.

Would it make sense that instead of permanent ejection, they would have something like a Power Play, meaning the player who did the targeting has to sit out the next two or 3 times his line is out (usually the defense). It would mean the defense loses the player but can get him back later in the game.
No because players have been penalized and ejected for much more borderline hits than this. This was an easy decision.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
No because players have been penalized and ejected for much more borderline hits than this. This was an easy decision.

It was an easy decision and according to the college rule, he should be ejected. My question is is the ejection rule in college a little too harsh?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I would prefer they just suspend them for the next game vs ejecting them from the current one

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

He launched himself helmet first into a guy's head who doesn't have time to react. He got exactly what he deserved.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LSU not fooled by the flea flicker. This game is over.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Officials blew this one. Call changed the entire game. Probably a 14-14 game if that call is made then who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad