GDT: #4| New York Islanders @ Nashville Predators | October 13th | 8:00 PM | F/L 5-2

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Yea you are right. Tanner Fritz at center would have turned that period around in a heartbeat.
Gionta is washed up but I know we can’t criticize any move Lou or Trots make as they know everything about hockey. Keep drinking the Kool aide on everything they do.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
And, I'm guessing Nville got wind of all the "Islanders outplayed us last game" talk, which wasn't true by the way, and thought they would show them what is what.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Good evaluation game here to see who has heart and good test for Lee and the leadership group. Don't expect a win but let's clean this **** up.

Yup. First signs of a bottom 5 team, first adversity of the season. A lot of data for Trotz and LL.

I give them the benefit of the doubt being off for 5 days, that said, not enough of an excusable factor to play that flat and sloppy.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Gionta is washed up but I know we can’t criticize any move Lou or Trots make as they know everything about hockey. Keep drinking the Kool aide on everything they do.

The Kool Aid is back! That didn't take long. Good thing I'm thirsty. I think we're winning the Stanley Cup this year.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
:laugh: :laugh:

Love posts like this.

Let me guess you're one of those "hickey's not so bad, just reduce his minutes/change his partner/don't put him out against the other team's 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 9th lines, and he'll be GREAT, I promise you...."

He sucks, has sucked for years, and despite being a FA - drew ZERO interest.

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
We’re playing a team that’s at a different level, what did you think was going to happen.

The Preds are fast and very skilled, did we forget they made it to the finals two seasons ago.

Reactions: dood

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I have 2 monitors connected to my pc and have the NYI on one and the TML game on the other, with the sound from the NYI playing. The difference in hockey IQ, talent and ability between the two teams is like comparing the Mineola lady mites to the 1972 Red Army team. The NYI need a complete roster overhaul, and soon.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Five days off didn’t really help, but man the d looked lost. Hickey, Pelech, and even Pulock making poor decision.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I'm giving them a few minutes of the 2nd, if they don't show a complete change in effort/hustle level, I'm replacing the game with the Ducks or some other game. Lord do I love the internet.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Let me guess you're one of those "hickey's not so bad, just reduce his minutes/change his partner/don't put him out against the other team's 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 9th lines, and he'll be GREAT, I promise you...."

He sucks, has sucked for years, and despite being a FA - drew ZERO interest.

No I’m one of those “I’m going to watch this team for the rest of my life no matter what players we have.”

Seeing how Hickey just signed a new deal, don’t think you can say the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad