GDT: #4| New York Islanders @ Nashville Predators | October 13th | 8:00 PM | F/L 5-2

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
Hey good effort, could have been worse.

1st period was painful.
2nd was better.
3rd I fell asleep lol.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I have a bad feeling that we’re going to be in purgatory this year. Our offense will win us enough games to keep us out of the basement but our defense will implode more often than not. I’m fully expecting a pick in the 8-14 range.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Considering the circumstances I’m not too ticked about the loss. Bad first period doomed them, but they didn’t roll over by any means.

Hopefully playing more than once every week breeds some consistency

Reactions: Quicklime

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The top two lines are still not right, maybe swapping out Beau will change that, but Lee misses Bailey and vice versa. Changes to the bottom two lines killed the one thing that was holding them together at even strength. Also, Poopy is hot garbage

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have a bad feeling that we’re going to be in purgatory this year. Our offense will win us enough games to keep us out of the basement but our defense will implode more often than not. I’m fully expecting a pick in the 8-14 range.
Agree. Being a middle of the pack team and trying to win games for pride serves no long term purpose. Even if we did manage to eke out a playoff spot, so what, we're not going anywhere. Just hoping that, unlike last year, mgmt will recognize when we're out of it soon enough to go full tank and in time to trade away assets that have value but don't fit into long term plan. Still sick about nothing back for Pajama Boy. Most irresponsible front office non-move maybe ever.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Sbisa played himself out of the lineup, hopefully Hickey will.

Good 2nd and early 3rd. Nelson w the near goal, turning point of the game.

Gotta be ready on Weds w the layoff.

The first line isn’t working, I suppose Trotz will leave Ladd there, but Ebs needs to move up. Reunite those 3 until Beau gets his confidence.

Lehner was good.

Pelech plays too much, very unreliable.

Leddy to the 2nd unit.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Why separate Barzal from Eberle and Lee from Bailey when these combos had great chemistry last year. Bailey can't keep up with Barzal and Eberle's quicker reflexes and better hand eye coordination is better suited for Barzal's style of play. Lee and Bailey complement each other well. Neither of those two are particularly good skaters.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Need to make adjustment on zone entry on power play. Nashville stacked across the blue line waited for Barzal to try and carry it in.
Beauvilier looks lost
Clutterbuck and Martin are shot
Hickey, Mayfield and Pelech should be taking turns as somebodies 6/7 defenseman

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Good to see out coach and GM are in this for the long haul, not just for this year.
We cam back well after the first.
Preds are a bloody good team.
We will be soon.

Reactions: xECK29x

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
That’s the new nhl. Speed and skill. Toews can hang.

We need Toews.

Pelech is our worst defensemen by a long shot, he's playing passive & hesitant. Mayfield on the other hand, is playing aggressive & proactive - he will be limited by his skillset, but I like his intensity and in your face style. How many times did a forward wield off Pelech in the corner and make it look easy tonight?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The good news is we are 2-0 against everyone in the nhl except for Nashville. The bad news is Nashville is 1 of 31 teams in the nhl.

It probably doesn’t help that we see Nashville and San Jose back to back so close together. Usually in such a setup the better team has the advantage the 2nd time around so I don’t expect us to fair too well in San Jose either. Hopefully they can win one of the other two and get home 3-4

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
At least Trotz demands net presence or so he stated after the game. He knows how they dominated the Isles during the playoffs. The team plays too soft and no one wanted to pay the price. With this lineup on the ice there is no excuse.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
There's no such thing as acceptable losses but there was one good thing that came out of last night's game. Last year after the 3rd goal one of us would have poste "ANOTHER DOUGIE BLOWOUT INCOMING".

That didn't happen last night.

Instead the Isles stopped the bleeding and started competing long enough to get back into the game. That would not have happened the last 2 years. I have to believe Barry Trotz's message to the team during the first intermission got them going. That's part of the culture change that needed to be instilled here.

The Islanders will lose games because they aren't talented enough. They won't lose games because they didn't try to compete for the full 60 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad