GDT: #4| New York Islanders @ Chicago Blawkhawks| October 11 | 8PM | F/L 2-3

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
now that it's a tie game again maybe we'll put nabokov in so we have a chance.

i'm kidding obviously. but does anyone have word about how anders nilsson is looking?

Pnut

2 goals in 30-40 seconds holy ****!
Jeez who are these guys?
Winning games that they didnt put foward there best effort and now scoring two quick goals at the end of a period they were dominated in?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't think Poulin was at fault for either goal but he really need to work on his rebound control and glove hand. Sometimes the best thing a goalie can do is stop the play and Poulin glove hand will kill us on a few occassions when it bounces out of it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's a good sign the boys rebounded like that, they've got some confidence now. Both Chicago goals were a result of gassed players stuck in their zone. Bails and KO, our biggest whipping boys growing up and performing when we needed them most.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
we have no reason being tied...

Khabby looks bad

Cant blame Poulin on those goals

The chemistry between Grabs-Nielsen and Bailey is incredible...

that's what happens when you build a core...These guys vould probably play together blind folded

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
I don't think Poulin was at fault for either goal but he really need to work on his rebound control and glove hand. Sometimes the best thing a goalie can do is stop the play and Poulin glove hand will kill us on a few occassions when it bounces out of it.

He also seems to over commit a tad bit

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
LOL, I think Poulin has been taking diving lessons from Garth, it did not appear he was hit all that hard but he had the reaction as if he had been shot.

Let him dive. ;)

I won't be mad until it is as bad as this one. Happened today in the game between Austria and Sweden.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Certainly no fault on the first, he overplayed the initial shot a bit on the 2nd, he has no experience yet with these new nets, that does not result in a goal last season because the shot likely goes off the back of the net after hitting the end boards, one major product of these new nets is alot more of those crazy missed slapper goals are going to get banked in.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
we have no reason being tied...

Khabby looks bad

Cant blame Poulin on those goals

The chemistry between Grabs-Nielsen and Bailey is incredible...

that's what happens when you build a core...These guys vould probably play together blind folded

The chemistry between X-Nielsen-X is amazing.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Strait and AMac look out of their league.
Hickey is smaller than them but I give him credit for never giving up. That kid battles, gets knocked down, and gets up quickly and gets back into it.
Strait:shakehead

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Gotta hand it to Hickey, he looks great.

Strait looked awful on that Hossa play. Passes it right to him without being pressured, then takes a ridiculous angle to him allowing Hossa to skate right by. Maybe the worst sequence of plays he's had since he got here.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Gotta hand it to Hickey, he looks great.

Strait looked awful on that Hossa play. Passes it right to him without being pressured, then takes a ridiculous angle to him allowing Hossa to skate right by. Maybe the worst sequence of plays he's had since he got here.

this had me pissed, it also lead to the goal eventually because the puck never left our zone after that

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Yes, but that second goal started with a sequence where he couldn't even glove a soft shot from the blueline.
He also seems to over commit a tad bit
Warts or not, this is not a good blueline to have in front of him. You can't change the entire defensive corps overnight but you can change 1 goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad