Eklund Rumor: 4 near perfect rumours (Maroon, Kane, Green, Hjalmarsson)

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
130220113859_1_540x360.jpg

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
STL isn't going to trade for a rental when they most likely will miss the playoffs this year. Take out the fast start, this team is a sub .500 team since December. They'll most likely be sellers.

Thomas for E. Kane at 50% retained

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If it's fair to say Maroon is worth a 3rd rounder I don't get why Boston would want him.
This isn't a cup year for Boston. They should be giving their ice time to their up and coming youngsters so Maroon is a 4th liner and there for unneeded depth in case of an injury.
This isn't a cup year for Boston?? The 2nd overall team with less games played?

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Any rumor/proposal that has TO acquiring a forward without shipping a current roster forward makes zero sense to me. They have too many forwards as it is with no glaring holes. Unless they're acquiring a star forward to play in the top 6 (which they're not), then I don't see the point in giving up assets to add another guy that's just gonna add to the logjam. Maroon's a very good player and I'd love him on the team, but then that pushes out a guy like Kapanen out of the lineup. End result of that is we're not really improving all that much AND giving up assets on top of it.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This isn't a cup year for Boston?? The 2nd overall team with less games played?

I know. They're having an awesome season, but they've got so many youngsters firing on all cylinders that I'm not convinced that this is supposed to be a big year for them.

Actually, I am crazy.

I'm just brainwashed that it'll be a battle between Tampa and Pittsburgh in the east this year and I think I'm expecting one of them to win the cup as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad