Post-Game Talk: #4 - Jets @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Someone needs to tell Kreider he needs to play North-South. He has a tendancy lately to not use his speed, instead opting to slow down with the puck and try and double back and force a pass. He's so fast he can literally just take the puck like it's a video game and at the very least enter the offensive zone with ease.

He's with Hayes who isn't exactly fast and Stepan who skates like a garbage truck.

I never really liked that line.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
At some point the onus has to be on Kreider to motivate himself. He might just always be an on/off-type player, and there's nothing wrong with that.

46 points as a LW is pretty much 1st line numbers these days.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
At some point the onus has to be on Kreider to motivate himself. He might just always be an on/off-type player, and there's nothing wrong with that.

He always starts really slow.

This whole team is full of slow starters including usually the goaltender.

I think we need to understand there's going to be some pains until Thanksgiving and be thankful (no pun intended) that we're 3-1 anyway.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
He always starts really slow.

This whole team is full of slow starters including usually the goaltender.

I think we need to understand there's going to be some pains until Thanksgiving and be thankful (no pun intended) that we're 3-1 anyway.
Very true that, last year im sure we would have killed to have the start we've had this year (we had the opposite, 1 win and 3 losses, with a GF of 2.75 and a GAA of 5.0, or the year before that where we were also 1 and 3, with a GF of 1.5 and GAA of 5.0).

Hank usually takes a while to get going, but this year he has been firing on all cylinders from the get go. Hopefully the rest of the team will follow suit :)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The thing is, when the powerplay clicks, it REALLY clicks. We've seen them be downright dominant at times. It's more of a matter of consistency. I do think that that's a coaching issue.

You're right and I agree, and I mean look at the personnel we have, it should be a dominant powerplay.

My biggest gripe is they don't have an adjustment when it isn't working. I can only remember the powerplay looking different once in a game against the Islanders when we controlled it down low and were dishing it from behind the net. We don't make adjustments like that. We just try to jam the system down your throat and pray it works.

Watch a Chicago powerplay and track their movement. Jen LaCosta had an interesting article from last playoffs focusing on it, and when the Hawks' umbrella is getting matched by a diamond PK, they rotate into a tilted 2-1-2. They're constantly moving and making adjustments. We don't play with fluidity like that

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Is AV covering up the whereabouts of Big Foot, the Chupacabra, and the third man on the grassy knoll as well?

I get it. Glass is not a good player in regard to stats or general competence, but the reasons fans offer for Glass being in the line up are bordering on illuminati level now. Perhaps, there may be some reason that is normal that we don't know about, and we've been very successful over that time, so I don't see the issue.

Hoaxed_photo_of_the_Loch_Ness_monster.jpg

Is that Nessy or Glass?

Is it really that far fetched to think bringing Glass here was part of a gentleman's agreement when it's more or less public information that the Wings/Holland re-signing Cleary over and over was part of a gentleman's agreement with Cleary? Don't see how that's "borderline illuminati level". It's like 3 guys saying "Yea that sounds all right to me, how about you?" Seems pretty plausible to me.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Is it really that far fetched to think bringing Glass here was part of a gentleman's agreement when it's more or less public information that the Wings/Holland re-signing Cleary over and over was part of a gentleman's agreement with Cleary? Don't see how that's "borderline illuminati level". It's like 3 guys saying "Yea that sounds all right to me, how about you?" Seems pretty plausible to me.

Yes, the idea that there was a gentleman's agreement to bring a player of Glass' caliber for AV to sign with the Rangers is totally out there.

If people said "AV likes having Glass on his team, so he suggested to management that the team should get Glass", then that would make sense, but backdoor agreements that triumph over the main business plans start to border lunacy among the fan base.

I do believe there are backdoor deals in the NHL all the time including preferential treatments for calls by refs, schedules, etc, but this is done to help with the NHL's business. I do believe that the Glass situation is being read into way to much by the fans.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Yes, the idea that there was a gentleman's agreement to bring a player of Glass' caliber for AV to sign with the Rangers is totally out there.

If people said "AV likes having Glass on his team, so he suggested to management that the team should get Glass", then that would make sense, but backdoor agreements that triumph over the main business plans start to border lunacy among the fan base.

I do believe there are backdoor deals in the NHL all the time including preferential treatments for calls by refs, schedules, etc, but this is done to help with the NHL's business. I do believe that the Glass situation is being read into way to much by the fans.
I'm sure Wings fans would have scoffed at the idea of Holland continuously signing Cleary every year to pay off a verbal agreement he made with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad