#4 is available will Mo Riels snap it up?

Leaf19

Dec 25, 2013
I don't know I really like #44 with Rielly. #4 reminds me too much of defensive miscues and I don't think it would look as good as 44 on Rielly lol

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
mzcf.jpg

Lol. That is awesome.

If Mo wants the number he defintely Deserves to get it!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Assuming Rielly did switch to the #4 anyone who previously purchased his jersey will need a new one. I guess that's something MLSE wouldn't mind because it means more jersey sales.

hf27

Jan 29, 2013
Like I said, I could be wrong, but I do remember reading something in recent years about the NHL putting in place a policy that doesn't allow players to switch uniform numbers during the season (except in the event of a trade) - meaning Dion Phaneuf can't come off IR wearing #33.

I'm 40 now, so maybe my memory is bad, but I even remember a story around Kadri on the issue. During the lock out shortened season he became a regular NHLer wearing #43 and some suggested now that he was in the league to stay he have a more "normal" (higher numbers were often assigned to players coming up from the minors for short term fill-ins) sweater number and the response was that he wasn't allowed to switch mid-season by league rule.

I don't remember the Cleary Alfredsson thing.

funny if phaneuf switched numbers believing no one would recognized him on the ice.

LeafsFIO*

franson said today he would consider comeing back to toronto in ufa but not if reilly takes number 4 he definitely wont I dont think

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Assuming Rielly did switch to the #4 anyone who previously purchased his jersey will need a new one. I guess that's something MLSE wouldn't mind because it means more jersey sales.
I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed fans to get them done for free. Seen that happen, now I know this is MLSE but still a chance. They did that jersey give a way thing for the lock out.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I don't care either way but I kind of want him to keep #44.

Gretzky's idol as a kid was Gordie Howe who wore #9, and so Gretzky chose #99 cuz he wanted to be twice as good.

I hope Rielly(#44) could do that for Bobby Orr(#4) :naughty: :sarcasm:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed fans to get them done for free. Seen that happen, now I know this is MLSE but still a chance. They did that jersey give a way thing for the lock out.
I was thinking of that but wouldn't it be only for Rielly jerseys purchased at Real Sports Apparel or the Leafs store inside the Air Canada Centre? So would that apply if someone bought a #44 Rielly jersey at a store like Pro Hockey Life?

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
No!!! I already bought the Rielly 44 jersey :cry:

It's all good man. Wear the #44 jersey with pride brother! Whenever all the fairweather fans go rushing out to grab their #4 Rielly jersey after he has won his 3rd of 7 career Norris trophies, you can say that you were with him from the start. :yo:

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
It's all good man. Wear the #44 jersey with pride brother! Whenever all the fairweather fans go rushing out to grab their #4 Rielly jersey after he has won his 3rd of 7 career Norris trophies, you can say that you were with him from the start. :yo:

Yea this is what I thought too, I remember debating it hard when I bought it because I wasn't sure if he would be staying up with the club nevermind if he would keep 44.

If it really bothers me I'll just get a #4 in a 3rd or WC

To me the 44 has become more iconically Morgan Rielly though, hope he keeps it

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Wouldn't be surprised if he switches to #4 starting next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad