Post-Game Talk: #4: FLYERS at Flames, Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, 9:00 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They play the same way tomorrow and I fully expect a long skid and the team Below .500 by the 10 game mark.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ghost actually had the best CF on the team at 50%.

I know he had a bonehead play but Provorov just isn't an offense creator/facilitator on set plays. I'd rather have Sanheim or Ghost there over him easily.
Not impressed by Voracek's game but his linemates aren't going to help him. Total waste of his talent playing him with Laughton/Pitlick.

Laughton's an utter mediocrity and should never play above the 4th line for a good team.

Ghost got it together more or less for the 2nd and 3rd after a disastrous 1st. Was excellent in transition.

For tonight's game, I was fine with Provorov over Sanheim at the end of the game. I don't know what the numbers say, but Sanheim was flat from the first drop and didn't do much at any point to look like he was getting it together. I had more trust in Provorov at that point than him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ghost got it together more or less for the 2nd and 3rd after a disastrous 1st. Was excellent in transition.

For tonight's game, I was fine with Provorov over Sanheim at the end of the game. I don't know what the numbers say, but Sanheim was flat from the first drop and didn't do much at any point to look like he was getting it together. I had more trust in Provorov at that point than him.

I didnt mind Provys game tonight.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Vigneault is a great coach. People turning on him already. People blaming the low minute guys, glossing over just how horribly the “stars” like Jak, Ghost, Giroux, Sanheim, & others played. Scapegoat the whipping boys, but it’s the supposed stars who matter more.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Vigneault is a great coach. People turning on him already. People blaming the low minute guys, glossing over just how horribly the “stars” like Jak, Ghost, Giroux, Sanheim, & others played. Scapegoat the whipping boys, but it’s the supposed stars who matter more.

Are you reading a different thread? The last two pages have seen criticism of everyone you mentioned.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Are you reading a different thread? The last two pages have seen criticism of everyone you mentioned.
I’ve read multiple posts criticizing Vigneault. You haven’t? I put this on the highest paid players. I do agree some posters have been willing to criticize the fan favorites. But more make excuses.

Reactions: tucson83

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’ve read multiple posts criticizing Vigneault. You haven’t? I put this on the highest paid players. I do agree some posters have been willing to criticize the fan favorites. But more make excuses.

I have. I guess you skipped over all the posts criticizing the players you want criticized. Otherwise I don't know why you'd request something that's happening already.

There's no getting around the fact that there have been mystifying coaching decisions as well. It is the job of the coaches to put the players in the best position to win. It's hard to say that's happening. Many players were disappointing tonight. So was the coaching staff.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Before tonight the PP had been excellent. The team had converted on 4 of 10. PP1 only had 1 goal but they were producing scoring chances at about twice the rate (per minute) of PP2. That includes about 8+ minutes of time with Giroux on the right side, it wasn't a problem.
Tonight the PP was basically a disaster though.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
There is zero logic to giroux on the right side. zero. This needs to end

this. The puck movement is garbage, couts needs to go back on the top pp in the slot/hartsy/schenn area. Voracek needs to go on the right side or off the powerplay cus he has been awful.

Voracek has been freaking terrible but he needs to get on the other side badly. The team has to one time options for late game situations or on the powerplay its ridiculous.

Kenny Blankenship

Apr 6, 2008
Alberta
I was at this game, it wasn't my favourite. But what was cool, Hart was out on the bench while before the rest of the team came out for warm up. He sat on the bench for quite a while, then turned around and signed a bunch of stuff for kids at the tunnel. Great kid, even if he looks young enough to be my kid.
20191015_183903.jpg

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Before tonight the PP had been excellent. The team had converted on 4 of 10. PP1 only had 1 goal but they were producing scoring chances at about twice the rate (per minute) of PP2. That includes about 8+ minutes of time with Giroux on the right side, it wasn't a problem.
Tonight the PP was basically a disaster though.

idk most of the time they scored it was on the rush or just great plays by the couts line. The only other time PP1 scored was a fluke one by hayes. It hasnt been good at all. Most of the time they just go from g to provorov to voracek and no shot because its easy to defend when there aren't any one time options.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
this team needs another skilled player in the bottom 6. I have liked twarynski and pitlicks game so far but they belong on the 4th line. Both work really hard and would make the 4th line really nice. Farabee would add some nice speed and skill to help laughton/voracek out. Did voracek even work out this summer? Guy is so slow and he is done after being out there for 20 seconds. Please hurry up Patrick.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
idk most of the time they scored it was on the rush or just great plays by the couts line. The only other time PP1 scored was a fluke one by hayes. It hasnt been good at all. Most of the time they just go from g to provorov to voracek and no shot because its easy to defend when there aren't any one time options.

They're generating 2.5 scoring chances per minute, that's pretty damn good.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Spotting a Bill Peters coached team a free goal, early in a game on the road, is a really bad idea. TK and Braun, that one was on you.

12 icings? I'd hoped that AV and the new coaches had broken them of that terrible habit. Looks like some more work is needed.

Gotta get the PP going.

Step it up boys and get Carter a win in Edmonton.

Reactions: Rebels57

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
That was a dud. Need to have a short memory and try hard again tonight.
PP1 is a disgrace and needs a fresh start.
Bottom-6 are looking worse than they could be. Get Patrick back in or call up a center already.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Awful game! Outside of Provy and Niskanen our dmen were absolutely atrocious! Ghost must finally put his s**t together! Hayes had his worst game as a flyer, G doeen't look like himself, we really need his magic back. Why the hell is Hägg playing RD? No, wrong question, it should be: why the hell is Hägg playing at all? Thank god Konecny is in the mid-season form or it could become really ugly. And yeah, Coots is our best forward by far!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad