Proposal: 4 Flames Trades

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Easy no from Toronto. We can just send Samsonov down to clear cap space. I like Tanev coming to Toronto, but for a mid 30s pending UFA, you’re not likely getting much more than a 3rd round pick.
It's comical that you think you can get Tanev for a 3rd. It's comical that you know so little about the sport that you think you can "send Samsonov down to clear cap space." It clears no space as you have to replace him with another goalie and you can't bury his cap hit.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Easy no from Toronto. We can just send Samsonov down to clear cap space. I like Tanev coming to Toronto, but for a mid 30s pending UFA, you’re not likely getting much more than a 3rd round pick.
A 3rd round pick? Surely you’ve seen previous trades for worse rentals getting more than a 3rd? Lol.

He’ll get a 2nd at least, probably a first or equivalent value with retention imo

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I get that and also like Liljegren. But is Brad gonna give him a 4x4.5 next summer? Cause if not I see him as a prime offer sheet for a 2nd target. If you/Brad are confident moving him into that top-pairing role then I agree keep him, but 4-4.5 is a lot for you guys when you probably want someone better for the top pair.

Ultimately Liljgren’s value is probably a 1st+small add, and Tanev’s value is a 1st, and dumping Samsonov makes up that difference.
What's you fascination with Liljegren? He's on the ice for 62 shot attempts against per 60 minutes played. On top of which he gets heavy Ozone deployment, gets beat a lot and plays easy competition. This is a project and if they value him (my guess is Treliving doesn't based on his almost exact Valimaki profile) just take the 2 2nd round picks you'll get easily for Tanev. We need our bottom pairing to have some bite (Zadorov or Gudbransson types) not be Liljegren types.

Reactions: MakeCgyGreatAgain

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
It seems like fans of all teams are underwhelmed, so these trades must be fair for both sides! Lol

In all seriousness, I think the value in all these is close but I understand if it’s too big of a price for certain teams (the Leafs and Rangers).

Hanifin extended for 1st+good prospect+cap dump or 2nd+great prospect+ cap dump

Lindholm retained for 1st+good prospect or 1st+great prospect+cap dump with term

Tanev retained for 1st or equivalent value, slightly more if we take back a cap dump

Mang for 2nd+4th (maybe 2nd+3rd)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR not moving Othmann. Nor Cuylle, Schneider or Perrault.
But may indeed try to add an impact forward

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
To DAL:
Noah Hanifin (with extension 7x7)

To CGY:
Mavrik Bourque
2024 2nd (DAL) - becomes 1st if DAL makes conference finals
Radek Faska

To NYR:
Elias Lindholm (50% retained)

To CGY:
2024 1st (NYR)
Brennan Othmann
Barclay Goodrow

To TOR:
Chris Tanev (50% retained)

To CGY:
Timothy Liljegren
Ilya Samsonov (cup dump)

To ARI:
Andrew Mangiapane

To CGY:
2025 2nd (TOR)
2024 4th (SJ)

Zary-Kadri-Coronato
Huberdeau-Bourque-Sharangovich
Othmann-Backund-Coleman
Pelletier-Goodrow-Pospisil
Faksa, Greer

Weegar-Andersson
Kylington-Liljegren
Poirier-________

Markstrom
Wolf
Samsonov

Plus an extra first and 2 seconds.
Did Vladar get sent to Topeka?

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Lindholm will still get the flames a first based on reputation, but he’s getting outpointed at even strength by Warren Foegele at this point. 1st++ isn’t happening.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
NYR not moving Othmann. Nor Cuylle, Schneider or Perrault.
But may indeed try to add an impact forward
So you want Monahan or Henrique or a bottom-6 player? Because there is no impact forward on the market you can have without giving up a top-5 prospect

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think Lindholm will still get the flames a first based on reputation, but he’s getting outpointed at even strength by Warren Foegele at this point. 1st++ isn’t happening.
Seravalli says he'll get the same package as Horvat did. Horvat returned a mid 1st, B prospect and a cap neutral player. I'll be very surprised if it's not at least 1st + decent prospect.

Show me the forward on the market that's worth giving up a top-5 prospect for?
Do you mean a teams top 5 prospect or league wide? I think he was talking a teams top 5 prospect not league wide.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I get that and also like Liljegren. But is Brad gonna give him a 4x4.5 next summer? Cause if not I see him as a prime offer sheet for a 2nd target. If you/Brad are confident moving him into that top-pairing role then I agree keep him, but 4-4.5 is a lot for you guys when you probably want someone better for the top pair.

Ultimately Liljgren’s value is probably a 1st+small add, and Tanev’s value is a 1st, and dumping Samsonov makes up that difference.
I don’t see liljgren value as a a 1st+. I see Totonto signing him to a 4yr $12M contract.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Could see the Dallas one happening, they probably need Hanifin more than anyone else.

Don't see the Rangers being a fit for Lindy. Boston or Colorado seem more likely.

Reactions: Nanuuk

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
From a Dallas perspective it’s a no for me. Hanifin as a rental would be fine move short term and that would not cost Bourque. Dallas needs a RHD not another LHD. I think we would be more into Tanev to balance out the D core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad