GDT: [#4] Ducks @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 CST (FS-SW)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's not hard to have a good game if you play sheltered minutes

At least he showed something with what he was given. If he thrives in sheltered minutes, great - better than Polak. We have the ability to give him those sheltered minutes, so why not? It’s not like we have someone who can do more with that opportunity.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Honka was ok . Not a liability . Made some good plays and didn't suck on defense. A game you can build on.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man our PK is still awful. I saw Monty finally switched it to Lindell + Methot as the D-pairing though after the Ducks PP goal so at least theres that. Currently ranked 25th in the league and our PK is at 70%. Its just not aggressive enough at all and theres no shot blocking going on and no sticks being tied up

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Please keep Klingberg off of the PK. His time and energy is much better spent elsewhere.

Reactions: Troy McClure

Nerv

Jun 20, 2017
Louisiana
Really? He is one of the few players outside of the top three that can actually possess the puck for longer than 2 seconds.
it's probably something inconsequential like his posture that sets me off. he's not a bad player he just looks so clunky to me idk. but he's still better than most of the forwards so i'm just rambling lmao

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
I almost turned it off after three zip. Nice comeback but they are relying too much on the top line alas I don't really know what line combinations they should use. Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I almost turned it off after three zip. Nice comeback but they are relying too much on the top line alas I don't really know what line combinations they should use. Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks?

They did and it worked. Monty put Radulov with Nichuskin and Spezza and it made the line look dangerous. Maybe Val needs someone to scream in Russian at him to get going ?

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
As has been said, Nuke had a good game given his ice time. Skating was miles above than the TO game. Actually looked like an NHLer on a couple of rushes.

Loved when he outworked the Anaheim D behind the net to set up goal by Carrick.

Here's hoping he can get better game by game.

Just slightly concerned with his conditioning. I think that's what's preventing the coaching staff trying him in the top 6.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
This will make my list of favorite Stars games, right up with the 3 goals in 45 seconds to beat the Bruins in '95.

It does seem like they had some similar comebacks in their '15-16 season under Ruff, but in any case, this is a classic.

Kudos to Nuke. Noticeable game.

Monty still down on Honks based on his post game interview. Still think living with Honks D mistakes is a better play for this team than Polak, unless maybe its against one of the biggest teams in the league. Even that wouldn't be a problem with Johns back, for whom the Polak signing was intended to replace until he got over his headaches.

Reactions: Henderson33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This will make my list of favorite Stars games, right up with the 3 goals in 45 seconds to beat the Bruins in '95.

It does seem like they had some similar comebacks in their '15-16 season under Ruff, but in any case, this is a classic.

Monty still down on Honks based on his post game interview. Still think living with Honks D mistakes is a better play for this team than Polak, unless maybe its against one of the biggest teams in the league. Even that wouldn't be a problem with Johns back, for whom the Polak signing was intended to replace until he got over his headaches.

That's cause they did. They came back at American Airlines center against the Ducks who were up 3-0 and tied the game at 3-3 in the 2nd period and Roussel won the game late in the 3rd. Not kidding either lol I was there and this game reminded me so much of that

Appears the Ducks have formed a habit of blowing 3-0 leads here

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX

:nod:

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
A game like this last season under Hitchcock, 3-0, was a lost game.

He wouldn’t push the offense at that point and would push play of bigger/defensive guys Ritchie, Pateryn, Hamhuis, etc.

This is what we need to do next game. Game lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00