GDT: [#4] Ducks @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 CST (FS-SW)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Offense
Benn Seguin Radulov
Nichushkin Spezza Ritchie
Dickinson Faksa Pitlick
Janmark Shore Comeau

Defense
Lindell Klingberg
Heiskanen Carrick
Methot Honka

Goalie
Khudobin

Could be a tough one. Ducks are off to a good start (3-0-1).

Hesikanen - Carrick is an interesting combo. Not sure if it's interesting "good" but we'll see.

Second line maybe should start skating now to get a head start.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not really a fan of that Spezza line but wait and see i guess. Thew other three lines look solid .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can’t watch this one, will be at the Panthers-Canucks game.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Working tonight. I'll probably tune into TheTicket during my shift and re-watch the game later

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I was fairy confident that the Stars would get blasted last game; they had to get brought back to reality. However, I think this game is more important and will set the tone for the first 10 to 20 games overall. How they respond to last game against an unexpectedly tough Ducks team will IMHO either set them up for a win streak early on or have them (and fans) facing doubts. In other words, it’s a sneaky important game. My guess: they play their most complete game of the season and trash the Ducks 6-1.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I was fairy confident that the Stars would get blasted last game; they had to get brought back to reality. However, I think this game is more important and will set the tone for the first 10 to 20 games overall. How they respond to last game against an unexpectedly tough Ducks team will IMHO either set them up for a win streak early on or have them (and fans) facing doubts. In other words, it’s a sneaky important game. My guess: they play their most complete game of the season and trash the Ducks 6-1.

Would be tough to top that performance against the Jets...which was arguably their best game in 2 years..but I'd love to see them destroy the Ducks like that.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Our record shouldn't fool you. If we had an average goaltender, we would easily be 0-4. Gibson is the only reason we have any points.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Yes PLEASEEE
I still can’t believe how good that kid is. I never watched him play, even on TV, and kept thinking to myself, “Surely an 18/19 year old defenseman can’t be THAT good, can he?” I honestly thought the hype was desperation on the part of Stars management and fandom... until opening night (and since). Unbelievable. He skated and passed so effortlessly, with other young players around him (understandably) still looking a bit like deer-in-the-headlights. I just wonder what we will be saying at the end of the season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I still can’t believe how good that kid is. I never watched him play, even on TV, and kept thinking to myself, “Surely an 18/19 year old defenseman can’t be THAT good, can he?” I honestly thought the hype was desperation on the part of Stars management and fandom... until opening night (and since). Unbelievable. He skated and passed so effortlessly, with other young players around him (understandably) still looking a bit like deer-in-the-headlights. I just wonder what we will be saying at the end of the season.

Idk cause when fatigue sets in and all this travel starts happening and the grind of the regular season gets at its peak it will be tough on all rookies. We have to remember also that he still hasn't played a regular season road game yet either so theres that too.

He doesn't get nervous though it appears and i expect him to be fine but he will have his low points for sure imo

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Benn Seguin Radulov
Bad Hip Bad Knees Plug
Dickinson Faksa Pitlick
Janmark Shore Comeau

The top 6 is looking legit. :mad:

D - no comment. Looking for Lindell to rebound from last game, tho.

Go Stars.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Idk cause when fatigue sets in and all this travel starts happening and the grind of the regular season gets at its peak it will be tough on all rookies. We have to remember also that he still hasn't played a regular season road game yet either so theres that too.

He doesn't get nervous though it appears and i expect him to be fine but he will have his low points for sure imo
Good points. No one has a perfect rookie season, for sure. That is, except for generational player types like McDavid and Crosby, I guess. Ha!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->