Finland
[X] Turnovers
[X] Defensive zone positioning
[X] Breakaways
[ ] No soft goals
[ ] Forecheck pressure
[ ] Scoring
[ ] Powerplay

I actually thought the turnovers were pretty bad last night, especially in the 1st.

1297188843628_ORIGINAL.jpg

Short memory, eh? :laugh:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Don't worry the Devils are on a team building excursion today.

Last time they want for some "team building" they got smacked up on the Florida trip.

But there are more important things to worry about, like what goal song the Devils will have when they get back. :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder what the team building activity is? Hopefully building a rocket to send Volchenkov up to space.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For some reason I picture this. :laugh:

1370146938.gif.pagespeed.ce.EoDTqcJ8Zk.gif
Haha! I'm not sure what exactly this team building thing is. TG said a ''Team building activity'' that could be a recreational thing like skiing or something. Or maybe even plowing the Sutter's fields haha.
That is the best team building exercise ever. Creates chemistry with the team and gets rid of the Kremlin Kone. Win win!!!
Yes! If they could build a rocket, they can pretty much do anything!:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
FYI, courtesy of In Lou We Trust, this site will give you your advanced stats fix:

http://www.extraskater.com/games/recent

I like the graph. It gives you a historic picture of momentum within a game.

I am not quite getting the complete attack on advanced stats. They obviously don't tell the whole story, but they aren't lost out in left field.

Stats fit the story of last night pretty well. Canucks controlled play for the most part, but it was more even early, then they took over almost completely which matched up to around when they scored their first goal. They controlled for the rest of the game, we were lucky to get a point, plus Cory made some big saves to keep it tied until OT.

Oilers game we did control play for most of the game. There was the occasional breakout early, but we for the most part we kept them contained. Then in the third they just **** the bed, team defense was horrible.

Last year got brought up once or twice, that somehow advanced stats were hiding how "bad" our defense was. Not even true, our defense was the only reason we had a chance in most games. Ya it wasn't good enough to win 1-0 games every night, but the team wasn't built for that. Problem last year was and always was goal scoring.

This group of defensemen were not this bad last year. That is why I know they will clean it up. I hope by the end of the month, but sooner the better.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schneids was incredible last night. He looked like he did in preseason again. Unfortunately the decent defense we had in most of the preseason games did not return.:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Schneids was incredible last night. He looked like he did in preseason again. Unfortunately the decent defense we had in most of the preseason games did not return.:laugh:

I do believe it will come back. Larsson, Greene, Fayne, even Sal aren't as bad as they have shown. Hell Harrold is playing better then I expected.

Volch is going to be Volch, but the rest are ok enough to get back. Volch-Harrold pairing should change though. The two together is REALLY deadly.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do believe it will come back. Larsson, Greene, Fayne, even Sal aren't as bad as they have shown. Hell Harrold is playing better then I expected.

Volch is going to be Volch, but the rest are ok enough to get back. Volch-Harrold pairing should change though. The two together is REALLY deadly.
Do not ever take a girlfriend to a game in which the Volchenkov-Harrold pairing is out in full force. She will be mad at you for a loooonnnggggg time!:laugh:

Buckingham Claude*

Unfortunately Harrold is not good enough. The only reason Harrold is looking ok is because Volchenkov and Zidlicki have lowered the bar.

Harrold would not be playing on a top 7-10th place NHL team and Volchenkov really shouldn't even be playing in the AHL.

We are Devils fans and up until 5 years ago have prided ourselves on a D first philosophy. It has been so long that we are beginning to accept mediocrity when you hear fans say Harrold had a good game. Harrold will not win you a cup. He will make you sad if you make the playoffs and have to play teams like Vancouver or Pittsburgh.

These 3 will make you throw your remote. And eventually the playoffs are over for the Devils and we kind of forget about it for the summer.

We are back and I have not forgotten. We might have gotten rid of Tallinder but we still have a lousy D.

I want to see Lamoriello do something soon. We can't wait because before you know it we are far behind the pack.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
So how'd last night go around here? Fun?

Hopefully a couple days off is what the team needs to regroup, go over some tape, and try to get back on track.

I think I miss Tallinder. :( How many defensemen so we have that can really play defense? 2? 3? Even if it's 3 it's not like all of them will ever be in the lineup at the same time, at least not until this love affair with Harrold dies out. Zidlicky's clearly going nowhere, maybe Deboer just thinks the D needs a bit of a speedier element? Can't think why Fayne, Larsson, and Zidliky wouldn't be his 3 go-to guys on the right side.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
White-Mottau wasn't even as bad as Harrold-Volchenkov.

Harrold-Volchenkov is the kind of pairing you would see on the Lightning or Panthers. That's how BAD they are as a pairing.

I think Volchenkov would look a lot better without Harrold, if he must be in the lineup. That is just a trainwreck. An accident waiting to happen, an accident that usually does happen.

White-Mottau was pretty frickin bad too. Harry Kone actually makes them look competent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad