GDT: [#4] Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW) - Back in black

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Those jersey's are so sensitive to lighting. They look faded coming out of the locker room. They mostly look great on the ice ... much sharper green, but some of the shots that seem to be zoomed in are a bit faded as well.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dellandrea and Gurianov were dangerous every shift together. Wtf are they doing do they just not trust anyone else to play on the shutdown line?

Reactions: starsfan86

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dellandrea and Gurianov were dangerous every shift together. Wtf are they doing do they just not trust anyone else to play on the shutdown line?

If you look at it from Bones' perspective, it's a compliment. Only Pavelski played more than Dellandrea last game, and Bones sees incredible value in that line.

As a fan, especially how they looked together the few shifts they were out there, I think it would be nice to see him get some more shifts with Gurianov. Hopefully that can happen when Comeau returns.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Faded almost yellow. They definitely don't look like that on the ice.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I had high hopes for Dellandrea, but I didn't think he'd be this good this fast. I honestly though Robertson would be the rookie who stood out more right away.

The best part about this is Dallas forced him to earn the opportunity. Robertson and Caamano were definitely penciled in above him as camp started.

With Robertson, I wonder if he's had a harder time coming back from COVID. He doesn't look as dangerous as he did in his short stint last season. I wonder if it's a conditioning/recovery issue. He was always going to struggle in his own zone, but him looking flat is surprising and not expected.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
That green is so tough on camera man, like look at the green on the Twitter logo and compare it to the video.. its not even close to the same colour.

Reactions: BigG44

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I had high hopes for Dellandrea, but I didn't think he'd be this good this fast. I honestly though Robertson would be the rookie who stood out more right away.

The best part about this is Dallas forced him to earn the opportunity. Robertson and Caamano were definitely penciled in above him as camp started.

With Robertson, I wonder if he's had a harder time coming back from COVID. He doesn't look as dangerous as he did in his short stint last season. I wonder if it's a conditioning/recovery issue. He was always going to struggle in his own zone, but him looking flat is surprising and not expected.
kind of like how Miro seems off currently. Probably has something to do with Covid

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
kind of like how Miro seems off currently. Probably has something to do with Covid

Yeah that's a great point. I know people have been bagging on him lately.

I mean ... if you look at who is playing at a high level right now and who didn't ever get added to the COVID protocol .... that list is pretty much the same.

The Dallas-Texas Stars

Benn – Hintz – Gurianov
Cogliano – Pavelski – Radulov
L'Esperance-Dellandrea-Comeau

Rosburg – Klingberg
Sekera – Cecconi
Shea– Harley

Team Non-Roster Probably COVID

Kiviranta-Faksa-Robertson
Tufte-Dickinson-Caamano
Dowling-Gardner-Pysyk

Oleksiak-Heiskanen
Lindell-Honka
Hanley-Fedun​

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That green is so tough on camera man, like look at the green on the Twitter logo and compare it to the video.. its not even close to the same colour.

The one I don't understand is I'd say 75% of the shots or more on the ice look fantastic. They're that deep, rich neon green. Some of the shots are that faded yellow though. I don't know if it's the camera's from further off or what is causing that, but the lighting on the ice should be pretty consistent.

I'm really happy though to see that mostly on the ice, they look like you would want.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The goalies should get special pads , gloves and blockers that match the third jersey.

Reactions: Stubu

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm not complaing. Hopefully it's not coming off that way.

I wanted to show this one though. You see both looks in the same video. Klinger and Pavs are faded, but briefly, the guy to the right very briefly in the doorway is that darker green.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The one I don't understand is I'd say 75% of the shots or more on the ice look fantastic. They're that deep, rich neon green. Some of the shots are that faded yellow though. I don't know if it's the camera's from further off or what is causing that, but the lighting on the ice should be pretty consistent.

I'm really happy though to see that mostly on the ice, they look like you would want.

Yep they look exactly how they should on the ice. Stars live has been showing em and they look great

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The goalies should get special pads , gloves and blockers that match the third jersey.

I was thinking the same thing. That Retro jersey is only going to be worn a few times, but it seems like they'll get some usage out of these. I hope they do get some pads. That would look great ... matching mask too.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Es3JFcUXUAE9UXf

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I was thinking the same thing. That Retro jersey is only going to be worn a few times, but it seems like they'll get some usage out of these. I hope they do get some pads. That would look great ... matching mask too.

10 times just this season alone ( 15 times the greens and 3 times the Retros ) and they'll wear the thirds not just this year but going forwards. Goalies should get black pads , gloves and blockers for those.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
10 times just this season alone ( 15 times the greens and 3 times the Retros ) and they'll wear the thirds not just this year but going forwards. Goalies should get black pads , gloves and blockers for those.

I think that would look incredible.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
2nd part of what BigG just posted lmao

WWJKD is going to be my new mantra. That guy seems to be having a ton of fun this season, and he's always been a bit on the loose and fun side. He's ramped it up.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Kroger apparently hired Klingberg's avatar to do their commercial.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Star should wear the Retros on the road. They're white anyway

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
They look sexy as f*** on the main camera, pretty good on the secondary cameras.

It really is a thing of beauty. I am happy they look like this on the ice. I hope maybe the Retro will look better on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad