GDT: [#4] Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW) - Back in black

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Everybody is out there for morning skate . Benn , Comeau and Hintz . Who ends up playing of those ? We'll see. Most interested in who is in goal . I want Oettinger in for today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Everybody is out there for morning skate . Benn , Comeau and Hintz . Who ends up playing of those 4 ? We'll see. Most interested in who is in goal . I want Oettinger in for today.

Originally they said Comeau was more likely for the weekend but who knows.

I agree Oettinger should obviously go today with the back-to-back against Carolina on the weekend.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

tenor.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So either Hintz plays , they put Benn retroactively on IR ( he can play on Saturday IRC ) and a forward comes in from taxi squad or Pysyk plays forward again

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ready to see these jerseys in action

Hope we get surprised and Benn AND Hintz are ready to go

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Great move to start Oettinger tonight! Good luck to him!

Too bad Hintz/Benn/etc. aren't ready yet.. but luckily it's Detroit again.

I am also excited for the new jerseys, I don't know if it is something I would buy personally.. but I appreciate the modern design shift and I do think they will look really nice on the ice.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Let's also see if we can get some 5v5 offense going tonight...

We only have a few players who are even getting 5v5 scoring chances right now it feels like

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Let's also see if we can get some 5v5 offense going tonight...

We only have a few players who are even getting 5v5 scoring chances right now it feels like

At some point you just have to put Rads, Pavelski and Gurianov together for a period and Dickinson, Faksa, Dellandrea .. and say to yourself that is my offense. The other two lines will prevent scoring but these guys need to be in the offensive zone for every faceoff.

Having a Dowling, Kero, or whoever on the line just brings it down a level and limits 5 on 5 opportunities. I think all the 13th forwards/AHL guys have been FINE.. but they are hampering 5 on 5 offense.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and serp

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At some point you just have to put Rads, Pavelski and Gurianov together for a period and Dickinson, Faksa, Dellandrea .. and say to yourself that is my offense. The other two lines will prevent scoring but these guys need to be in the offensive zone for every faceoff.

Having a Dowling, Kero, or whoever on the line just brings it down a level and limits 5 on 5 opportunities. I think all the 13th forwards/AHL guys have been FINE.. but they are hampering 5 on 5 offense.

Yep. Like I get our lineup is filled with extras right now but I just don't understand handcuffing your NHL guys (and top offensive players) to them. It can't be a defensive concern either cause everyone has been fine defensively this season and the extra guys are all decent enough too to hold their own. No point in trying to spread out the offense at this point, especially against a team like Detroit

Reactions: MrHeiskanen

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Boy if we can get away with 4-0 with all these players out would really help set us up for the season.

Hopefully the team skating hard for Jake is enough of a pep in our step to hold of an average detroit team.

I Get the sense they were annoyed with how they played too last game. Hopefully fired up for a big 1st period.

Heiskanen on thr board with a goal tonight.

Reactions: Elysian

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Boy if we can get away with 4-0 with all these players out would really help set us up for the season.

Hopefully the team skating hard for Jake is enough of a pep in our step to hold of an average detroit team.

I Get the sense they were annoyed with how they played too last game. Hopefully fired up for a big 1st period.

Heiskanen on thr board with a goal tonight.
already feels like we're playing with house money, being up 3-0 with this rag tag bunch.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Any word on Hintz? Need to know for fantasy reasons lol gotta swap in him or Larkin who’s also a GTD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad