GDT: #4 Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00PM 1.19.2020

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Goaltending was probably the biggest difference between teams tonight.
But Buffalo also didn’t bring the same type of energy they did last night.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Now I'm getting pissed....... What the hell was Eichel doing throwing the puck deep there (instead of taking it deep and around the net)? What a defeatist move.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I’m annoyed because I think we were the better team

Maybe. I honestly think it was a pretty evenly played game. They had a few stretches in our end, we had some in theirs. If Skinner and Olofsson bury their chances, it's a completely different game.

I'm not upset with the effort by the Sabres tonight at all. If we keep doing that, we're competitive all year.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
We may be 1-3 but this team has played far better then that 9 times out of 10 if we play like we did tonight we put 4 or 5 in the net not get shutout by a goalie with a horseshoe up his ass

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I know fans are tired of moral victories, but other than the beginning of the 1st Capitals game, this team has looked good all season long when it comes to out chancing our opponents.

Real victories >>>> moral victories. Give me a team of Tom Wilson’s and Brad Marchand’s if it means we win 60% of the time.

Reactions: sabremike

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Not impressed with Kreuger's adjustments to the defensive pairings. He did this crap last year too.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I miss jack. This version of jack is pure ass. He is getting beat in foot races, passes are off, he isn't threatening coming down the wing, can't hit the net, when he hits the net it's right in the goalies crest.
He looks a bit disinterested, as does Staal. Hall is flying out there, and Sam looks pretty good. Not sure what the deal is.

Reactions: SundherDome

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I think you took it wrong. We literally need to figure out what's going on. Ullmark is.......something? Hutton might be concussed. JJ is....probably not NHL caliber.

Yeah, fair enough. But if pat can come back in a week...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I disagree with Chad. We saw the authentic Sabres tonight. Fans give out too many atta boys to players who don't deserve them.
Maybe. I honestly think it was a pretty evenly played game. They had a few stretches in our end, we had some in theirs. If Skinner and Olofsson bury their chances, it's a completely different game.

I'm not upset with the effort by the Sabres tonight at all. If we keep doing that, we're competitive all year.

I'm not trying to piss you off but I'm betting I could find your last sentence in lots of posts on this board over say, the past 10 seasons.

You see, the problem usually is..... they won't (keep that effort up and thus be competitive). 2019-20 season proves so in most recent memory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad