GDT: #4 Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers 7:00PM 1.19.2020

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres vs. Flyers: Buffalo Remains Undervalued
Less than 24 hours after the Buffalo Sabres laid a 6-1 beating on the Philadelphia Flyers, the two teams will face off again in the City of Brotherly Love on Tuesday night.
Curtis Lazar and Sam Reinhart scored twice for Buffalo on Monday night, while both Jack Eichel and Taylor Hall had three points.

Will we see a similar result on Tuesday in the second half of the back-to back games?

Sabres vs. Flyers Odds

Sabres Odds+140 [BET NOW]
Flyers Odds-167 [BET NOW]
Over/Under6 [BET NOW]
Time7 p.m. ET
TVNHL.TV
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Will the Sabres look for payback for the cheap shot on Dahlin? We know Krueger will discourage it, but things are going to get heated.
Cheapshot Payback Odds: EVEN
Lazar and McCabe are the most eager combatants, but Dahlin might want to make a statement.
I'm betting on Dylan Cozens, the enforcer darkhorse from Whitehorse to make his presence felt.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
After being critical of the team in its first 2 games it was gratifying to see a full team full game effort. Do it again guys!

Reactions: buffalojedwardo

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
We can talk our way to the Cup!
Krueger:
“I thought in the training camp some people would say some things get lost without exhibition games, but the advantage was we actually were teaching for 14 days in a row, which is almost unheard of in the National Hockey League. You can see fundamentally the buy-in from the group and the willingness to execute together. That shows up in the offensive game, too. How much we’ve communicated in different ways to attack and how we can connect the guys to create better scoring chances. It was excellent to see a reward last night in the offensive game. Today will be a tough one and a big test for us to be able to sustain that kind of pressure, which we look forward to trying to do tonight.”

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Do it again boys.

And the Flyers-Sabres games the last year or so have been real chippy...reminds me of the mid 90s-mid 00s era when we had a legit rivalry with them even though we weren't in the same division.

And what happened to Dahlin last night was no accident or spur of the moment. Does anyone actually think that last night's garbage on Dahlin wasn't directly in retaliation for last years incident between him, Giroux and Konecny? We may not be a very tough team but I have noticed the last 2 games they have been playing far more chippy and determined in a long time. It just makes a guy like Risto even more important. I think Risto has been very good the first 3 games and has been playing like a true top 4 dman on even a top contender. The points aren't there yet but the defensive zone play, passing and of course the physicality have been top notch. And now that we not only have our 2C for the present we have our future 2C on the team too...it makes all the Risto trade talk redundant.

Reactions: Ratatoskr

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
I'm worried about them being very flat this game. They played with so much hop last night, I really hope they can sustain it.

That said, taking two games from Philly would be exquisite.

Reactions: couture23

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Sabres vs. Flyers: Buffalo Remains Undervalued
Less than 24 hours after the Buffalo Sabres laid a 6-1 beating on the Philadelphia Flyers, the two teams will face off again in the City of Brotherly Love on Tuesday night.
Curtis Lazar and Sam Reinhart scored twice for Buffalo on Monday night, while both Jack Eichel and Taylor Hall had three points.

Will we see a similar result on Tuesday in the second half of the back-to back games?

Sabres vs. Flyers Odds

Sabres Odds+140 [BET NOW]
Flyers Odds-167 [BET NOW]
Over/Under6 [BET NOW]
Time7 p.m. ET
TVNHL.TV
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Will the Sabres look for payback for the cheap shot on Dahlin? We know Krueger will discourage it, but things are going to get heated.
Cheapshot Payback Odds: EVEN
Lazar and McCabe are the most eager combatants, but Dahlin might want to make a statement.
I'm betting on Dylan Cozens, the enforcer darkhorse from Whitehorse to make his presence felt.

They were up 5-1 with two minutes and had zero guts to do anything. That was the time. We didn't need a PP goal. We needed to run over a Flyer. Nothing happens tonight unless Sabres start running away and then Flyers will go all Dave Shultz.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So, what version of the Sabres are going to show up tonight?

That's pretty much the question at hand. A consistent effort night in and night out would be nice.......and we have the veteran presence to demand such, especially among the forwards.

We'll see though.

I'm expecting the Flyers to play much better than they did and probably win tonight.

Reactions: couture23

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Krueger sounding like Ruff whining about the league not giving a suspension for the Dahlin hit last night

How about bring up Dalton Smith and play Borgen, Settle it on the ice for once, you wuss Krueger!

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Krueger sounding like Ruff whining about the league not giving a suspension for the Dahlin hit last night

How about bring up Dalton Smith and play Borgen, Settle it on the ice for once, you wuss Krueger!
Would rather they focus on winning the game.

Reactions: Ratatoskr

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I'm worried about them being very flat this game. They played with so much hop last night, I really hope they can sustain it.

That said, taking two games from Philly would be exquisite.
I thought they carried their play over from the 2nd Washington game. If they could have gotten rewarded on one of their earlier chances in that game, we could’ve had a completely different outcome. They started the Philly game feeling blue-balled, I think...

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Follow through is the key. It will go a long way in determining if this team is finally turning the corner.

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Hello time traveler! You have arrived in the year 2021, welcome!
It's a serious problem that other teams can attack our players without any kind of repercussion. Wish the league would do something but if not it's a question of allowing others to hurt our stars or make them aware of the cost in blood.

Dumbest thing is going after the goon instead of hitting their stars.

Pretty stupid of Philly to rough Dahlin when they have a fragile player like Patrick.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->